Guest
hi all,

i seem to recall reading in the past,
about groin area problems, with men
[prostate, infertility, etc]

is there any truth to this,
or is it a case by case thing --
effects some, but not others?

i seem to be Urinating more in the last 5 years,
and it coincides with my cycling more;
although i've also gotten older in the last 5 years!
and this could be an age related thing

waterboy

> i seem to recall reading in the past, about groin area
> problems, with men [prostate, infertility, etc]
>
> is there any truth to this, or is it a case by case
> thing -- effects some, but not others?

=v= The stuff you saw in the media, and later in a bunch of
ads for newfangled saddles, was based on flawed research.

=v= Probably the main thing to worry about is proper fit to
the bike, and not having the saddle angled upwards.
<_Jym_>

"WaterBoy" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> hi all,
>
>> although i've also gotten older in the last 5 years!

> and this could be an age related thing
>
> waterboy

How old are you? Sounds like it could be prostate. Quite normal for men ~ 50
yrs old.

54 yr old J.

On Sun, 9 Mar 2008 14:39:00 -0500, "Jay" <[email protected]> wrote:

>How old are you? Sounds like it could be prostate. Quite normal for men ~ 50
>yrs old.

Indeed. And prostate cancer is also quite common from that age on,
and the sooner it is diagnosed, the better the chances of complete
recovery. The OP should go and see his doctor.

"Andrew Price" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On Sun, 9 Mar 2008 14:39:00 -0500, "Jay" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>How old are you? Sounds like it could be prostate. Quite normal for men ~
>>50
>>yrs old.

> Indeed. And prostate cancer is also quite common from that age on,
> and the sooner it is diagnosed, the better the chances of complete
> recovery. The OP should go and see his doctor.

Yeah, but let's not scare OP. When the big C has your number, U B goin'
down. Dat's my motto, and I B stickin' wit' it.

Anti-MD J.

| Yeah, but let's not scare OP. When the big C has your number, U B goin'
| down. Dat's my motto, and I B stickin' wit' it.
|
| Anti-MD J.

No, when "big C" has your number, the sooner you deal with it, the better. A
great many people live full lives after having been diagnosed with cancer.
And a great number of aren't diagnosed in time, don't. There is no downside
to early detection. That's not to say you're better off being paranoid and
tested for everything under the sun. Just be sensible.

--Mike-- Chain Reaction Bicycles
www.ChainReactionBicycles.com

>| Yeah, but let's not scare OP. When the big C has your number, U B goin'
> | down. Dat's my motto, and I B stickin' wit' it.
> |
> | Anti-MD J.
>
> No, when "big C" has your number, the sooner you deal with it, the better.
> great many people live full lives after having been diagnosed with cancer.
> And a great number of aren't diagnosed in time, don't. There is no
> downside
> to early detection. That's not to say you're better off being paranoid and
> tested for everything under the sun. Just be sensible.
>
> --Mike-- Chain Reaction Bicycles
> www.ChainReactionBicycles.com

Yeah, but there's the rub. How does one determine what ache/pain needs MD
attention? My preference is, just be stoic. My mother was so stoic, she
almost died from acute appendicitis. She thought the pain would just go
away. The MD later said, she very nearly waited too long. That was after the
ambulance and the operation.

J.

On Sun, 9 Mar 2008 11:16:35 -0700 (PDT) in rec.bicycles.misc,
WaterBoy <[email protected]> wrote:

> i seem to be Urinating more in the last 5 years,
> and it coincides with my cycling more;

how's your blood sugar? frequent urination can be a symptom of
diabetes.

On Sun, 9 Mar 2008 19:32:06 -0500 in rec.bicycles.misc, "Jay"
<[email protected]> wrote:

> My preference is, just be stoic. My mother was so stoic, she
> almost died from acute appendicitis.

duh.

stoics die young.

"Jay" wrote: (clip) She thought the pain would just go
> away. The MD later said, she very nearly waited too long. (clip)

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
When the pain goes away, that means the appendix has ruptured. Just after
your mother might have sighed with relief, she might have died. Good that
she gave in when she did.

> Yeah, but there's the rub. How does one determine what ache/pain needs MD
> attention? My preference is, just be stoic. My mother was so stoic, she
> almost died from acute appendicitis. She thought the pain would just go
> away. The MD later said, she very nearly waited too long. That was after
> the ambulance and the operation.
>
> J.

My mother experienced back pain one night, so she decided to just stay in
bed and she'd "outlast it." Well, after 4 days of no eating and no drinking
fluids, she developed pneumonia and died in the hospital. The Pulmanologist
said, "The human body is not designed to just lie in bed for days at a time
without getting vertical at some point."

dumb, dumb, dumb. And, yeah, she almost died from acute appendicitis when I
was 8 years old. Same story as your mother....

"Leo Lichtman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> "Jay" wrote: (clip) She thought the pain would just go
>> away. The MD later said, she very nearly waited too long. (clip)

> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> When the pain goes away, that means the appendix has ruptured. Just after
> your mother might have sighed with relief, she might have died. Good that
> she gave in when she did.

She did not want to bother me with a phone call at work. So when I get home,
ready for Miller Time, I need to call 911, and then go to the hospital? Ma,
don't do me any more favors like this!

J.

On Sun, 09 Mar 2008 19:32:06 -0500, Jay wrote:

> "Mike Jacoubowsky" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>>| Yeah, but let's not scare OP. When the big C has your number, U B
>>goin'
>> | down. Dat's my motto, and I B stickin' wit' it. |
>> | Anti-MD J.
>>
>> No, when "big C" has your number, the sooner you deal with it, the
>> better. A
>> great many people live full lives after having been diagnosed with
>> cancer. And a great number of aren't diagnosed in time, don't. There is
>> no downside
>> to early detection. That's not to say you're better off being paranoid
>> and tested for everything under the sun. Just be sensible.
>>
>> --Mike-- Chain Reaction Bicycles
>> www.ChainReactionBicycles.com
>>

> Yeah, but there's the rub. How does one determine what ache/pain needs
> MD attention? My preference is, just be stoic. My mother was so stoic,
> she almost died from acute appendicitis. She thought the pain would just
> go away. The MD later said, she very nearly waited too long. That was
> after the ambulance and the operation.
>
> J.

WTF? If you're over 45 and have problems with frequent urination or poor
urination go see a doctor *NOW!* Even if you're female it could be
Diabetes. Don't die of embarrassment! Geeze! It's not like the Doc
*likes" giving that exam ya know!

"me" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> On Sun, 09 Mar 2008 19:32:06 -0500, Jay wrote:
>

> WTF? If you're over 45 and have problems with frequent urination or poor
> urination go see a doctor *NOW!* Even if you're female it could be
> Diabetes. Don't die of embarrassment! Geeze! It's not like the Doc
> *likes" giving that exam ya know!

Hey, we are all going to die of something, at some point in time.

I do not fear death. I do fear pain.

J.

On Mon, 10 Mar 2008 22:25:32 -0500, Jay wrote:

> "me" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> On Sun, 09 Mar 2008 19:32:06 -0500, Jay wrote:
>>

>> WTF? If you're over 45 and have problems with frequent urination or
>> poor urination go see a doctor *NOW!* Even if you're female it could be
>> Diabetes. Don't die of embarrassment! Geeze! It's not like the Doc
>> *likes" giving that exam ya know!
>>

> Hey, we are all going to die of something, at some point in time.
>
> I do not fear death. I do fear pain.
>
> J.

Again WTF? Dude at work is 17 years my senior, can damn near out work me
and looks my age, and I look young for my years. He is a prostate cancer
survivor, he had treatment and was back at work *the same day!*
You think dying of cancer isn't painful??!!!

If you think you might have it, *GET the checkup!*

I don't have symptoms, but I'm getting into that age bracket, next time
I'm in to see the Doc, I'll ask for it.

> On Mon, 10 Mar 2008 22:25:32 -0500, Jay wrote:
>
>> "me" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>> On Sun, 09 Mar 2008 19:32:06 -0500, Jay wrote:
>>>

>>> WTF? If you're over 45 and have problems with frequent urination or
>>> poor urination go see a doctor *NOW!* Even if you're female it could be
>>> Diabetes. Don't die of embarrassment! Geeze! It's not like the Doc
>>> *likes" giving that exam ya know!
>>>

>> Hey, we are all going to die of something, at some point in time.
>>
>> I do not fear death. I do fear pain.
>>
>> J.

> Again WTF? Dude at work is 17 years my senior, can damn near out work me
> and looks my age, and I look young for my years. He is a prostate cancer
> survivor, he had treatment and was back at work *the same day!*
> You think dying of cancer isn't painful??!!!
>
> If you think you might have it, *GET the checkup!*
>
> I don't have symptoms, but I'm getting into that age bracket, next time
> I'm in to see the Doc, I'll ask for it.

Please! Don't be a cerebral wimp.

My ancestors, on the great plains on North Dakota, would sneer at your wimpy
concerns. Life is totally indifferent to human pain. One is born, one
flowers, one ages, and then one dies. It is that simple. Just plant a
flower, and watch what happens. It is just like that, FOR US HUMANS. Humans
are not superior to flowers!

Please try to keep up.

J.

On Mon, 10 Mar 2008 22:51:12 -0500, Jay wrote:

> "me" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> On Mon, 10 Mar 2008 22:25:32 -0500, Jay wrote:
>>
>>> "me" <[email protected]> wrote in message

>>> Hey, we are all going to die of something, at some point in time.
>>>
>>> I do not fear death. I do fear pain.
>>>
>>> J.

>> Again WTF? Dude at work is 17 years my senior, can damn near out work
>> me and looks my age, and I look young for my years. He is a prostate
>> cancer survivor, he had treatment and was back at work *the same day!*
>> You think dying of cancer isn't painful??!!!
>>
>> If you think you might have it, *GET the checkup!*
>>
>> I don't have symptoms, but I'm getting into that age bracket, next time
>> I'm in to see the Doc, I'll ask for it.
>>

> Please! Don't be a cerebral wimp.
>
> My ancestors, on the great plains on North Dakota, would sneer at your
> wimpy concerns. Life is totally indifferent to human pain. One is born,
> one flowers, one ages, and then one dies. It is that simple. Just plant
> a flower, and watch what happens. It is just like that, FOR US HUMANS.
> Humans are not superior to flowers!
>
> Please try to keep up.
>
> J.

*You* were the one saying you fear pain.

| WTF? If you're over 45 and have problems with frequent urination or poor
| urination go see a doctor *NOW!* Even if you're female it could be
| Diabetes. Don't die of embarrassment! Geeze! It's not like the Doc
| *likes" giving that exam ya know!

A slight over-simplification. In general, if you're over 45 and find you
can't put out fires with your hose anymore, that's fairly normal. But it's
certainly easy to get a PSA test to get a better idea if you've got
something to worry about or not (although a PSA test is by no means
conclusive). It's a simple blood test, nothing invasive or threatening
(providing you're not a wimp like me, who fears blood being drawn more than
most would believe, and yet I still had it done).

--Mike-- Chain Reaction Bicycles
www.ChainReactionBicycles.com

"me" <[email protected]> wrote in message
| On Sun, 09 Mar 2008 19:32:06 -0500, Jay wrote:
|
| > "Mike Jacoubowsky" <[email protected]> wrote in message
| > news:[email protected]...
| >>goin'
| >> | down. Dat's my motto, and I B stickin' wit' it. |

| >> No, when "big C" has your number, the sooner you deal with it, the
| >> better. A
| >> great many people live full lives after having been diagnosed with
| >> cancer. And a great number of aren't diagnosed in time, don't. There is
| >> no downside
| >> to early detection. That's not to say you're better off being paranoid
| >> and tested for everything under the sun. Just be sensible.
| >>
| >> --Mike-- Chain Reaction Bicycles
| >> www.ChainReactionBicycles.com
| >>

| > Yeah, but there's the rub. How does one determine what ache/pain needs
| > MD attention? My preference is, just be stoic. My mother was so stoic,
| > she almost died from acute appendicitis. She thought the pain would just
| > go away. The MD later said, she very nearly waited too long. That was
| > after the ambulance and the operation.
| >
| > J.
|
| WTF? If you're over 45 and have problems with frequent urination or poor
| urination go see a doctor *NOW!* Even if you're female it could be
| Diabetes. Don't die of embarrassment! Geeze! It's not like the Doc
| *likes" giving that exam ya know!

news:eek:[email protected]...
>| WTF? If you're over 45 and have problems with frequent urination or poor
> | urination go see a doctor *NOW!* Even if you're female it could be
> | Diabetes. Don't die of embarrassment! Geeze! It's not like the Doc
> | *likes" giving that exam ya know!
>
> A slight over-simplification. In general, if you're over 45 and find you
> can't put out fires with your hose anymore, that's fairly normal. But it's
> certainly easy to get a PSA test to get a better idea if you've got
> something to worry about or not (although a PSA test is by no means
> conclusive). It's a simple blood test, nothing invasive or threatening
> (providing you're not a wimp like me, who fears blood being drawn more
> than
> most would believe, and yet I still had it done).
>
> --Mike-- Chain Reaction Bicycles
> www.ChainReactionBicycles.com

Any plumber will tell you, pipes tend to constrict over time.

Don't worry dude, U ain't dead yet.

J.