Any cyclists here from South Carolina?

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Chris Zacho The Wheelman, Aug 22, 2005.

  1. What part (thereabouts)?

    - -

    "May you have the winds at your back,
    And a really low gear for the hills!"

    Chris'Z Corner
    http://www.geocities.com/czcorner

    Tags:

  2. Roger Zoul

    Roger Zoul Guest

    Chris Zacho "The Wheelman" <[email protected]> wrote:
    :> What part (thereabouts)?

    Upstate...Greenville/Mauldin.

  3. Live in Newberry - work in Columbia (IT Manager, USC School of Medicine)

    Electra Townie 24

    Carl E. Moore
    aim: rfpcm | yahoo: carlmoore | msn: cemoore1 | icq: 60902071

    "Chris Zacho "The Wheelman"" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > What part (thereabouts)?
    >
    > - -
    >
    > "May you have the winds at your back,
    > And a really low gear for the hills!"
    >
    > Chris Zacho ~ "Your Friendly Neighborhood Wheelman"
    >
    > Chris'Z Corner
    > http://www.geocities.com/czcorner

  4. psycholist

    psycholist Guest

    I hail from the metropolis of Calhoun Falls, SC ... population 1,300.
    SAAAALUTE! Calhoun Falls is the world capital for tar and gravel, chip and
    seal, shake and bake or whatever you want to call that absolutely awful
    paving technique. But it's gorgeous here and there's very little cell phone
    coverage. You rarely see a driver, period. You never see one with a cell
    phone stuck in their ear. After having been killed one of those about 3
    years ago, I'm loving this remote riding experience.

    --
    Bob C.

    "Of course it hurts. The trick is not minding that it hurts."
    T. E. Lawrence (of Arabia)
    "Chris Zacho "The Wheelman"" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > What part (thereabouts)?
    >
    > - -
    >
    > "May you have the winds at your back,
    > And a really low gear for the hills!"
    >
    > Chris Zacho ~ "Your Friendly Neighborhood Wheelman"
    >
    > Chris'Z Corner
    > http://www.geocities.com/czcorner

  5. pam_in_sc

    pam_in_sc Guest

    Chris Zacho The Wheelman wrote:
    > What part (thereabouts)?

    Clemson. I just got the flyer for Ride for the Raptors Oct. 1 in
    Pendleton--hopefully some of us will be getting together there.
    http://people.clemson.edu/~sjm/eccc/r4r/r4rinfo.htm

    Pam
    My road bike is finally fixed and I'm very happy to be back riding.
    After not quite two hours yesterday my legs were sore in the evening.
    My shoulder is healing, though I'm not fully back to swimming.

  6. Roger Zoul

    Roger Zoul Guest

    pam_in_sc <[email protected]> wrote:
    :> Chris Zacho The Wheelman wrote:
    :>> What part (thereabouts)?
    :>
    :> Clemson. I just got the flyer for Ride for the Raptors Oct. 1 in
    :> Pendleton--hopefully some of us will be getting together there.
    :> http://people.clemson.edu/~sjm/eccc/r4r/r4rinfo.htm

    I plan to be there provide work stuff doesn't get in the way. Glad to hear
    of your recovery.

    :>
    :> Pam
    :> My road bike is finally fixed and I'm very happy to be back riding.
    :> After not quite two hours yesterday my legs were sore in the evening.
    :> My shoulder is healing, though I'm not fully back to swimming.

  7. Dane Jackson

    Dane Jackson Guest

    psycholist <[email protected]> wrote:
    > You rarely see a driver, period. You never see one with a cell
    > phone stuck in their ear. After having been killed one of those about 3
    > years ago, I'm loving this remote riding experience.

    I'm hurt I wasn't invited to the funeral. But it's good to hear your
    still getting riding in in the afterlife.

    (Read your last sentence a little closer).

    --
    Dane Jackson - z u v e m b i @ u n i x b i g o t s . o r g
    "I don't see anything wrong with being arrogant

  8. wafflycat

    wafflycat Guest

    "psycholist" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    After having been killed one of those about 3
    > years ago, I'm loving this remote riding experience.

    Excellent. What is the rest of the cycling like up there... or errr.... down
    there??? Tyres nice & light that it's like cycling in the air or so darned
    hot, you have difficulty keeping hydrated???

    Cheers, helen s ;-)

  9. [email protected] (psycholist) Wrote:

    >I hail from the metropolis of Calhoun
    >Falls, SC ... population 1,300.
    >SAAAALUTE! Calhoun Falls is the world
    >capital for tar and gravel, chip and seal,
    >shake and bake or whatever you want to
    >call that absolutely awful paving
    >technique.

    "Shake and Bake"? LOL!! Having moved here (Chester, Pop. 6500
    SAAAA-UTE!) from So CA where such paving is nearly non existant, except
    for the most remotest of area's, heartily agree with you. Not knowing
    what it was called, however, I coined it "40-grit" pavement, after the
    coarse sandpaper it resembles (and is constructed like).

    - -