Any cyclists who don't prefer bibs?

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by jojoma, Jun 16, 2010.

1. alienator

alienator Well-Known Member

Uhm. It's still pretty simple.

2. nbfman

nbfman New Member

I'm one who does not prefer bibs at the moment. Shorts have worked fine, so I haven't had any incentive to try bibs. Never even thought to consider them until reading this thread. But reading various comments, I'm kind of curious now about what they're like. Maybe one of these days I'll give them a try.

3. Chavez

Chavez New Member

Oh, it's not like he's the Russkie from American Flyers.

4. alienator

Yeah, maybe, but let's face it: the ads for cycling clothes wouldn't be very appealing or effective if all of the models looked like Michael Rasmussen.

[​IMG]

5. Randy262

Randy262 New Member

I haven't tried bibs, but I don't have any problems with shorts. I have a very long waist, and other all-in-one type wear (coveralls, overalls, etc.) have NEVER fit me correctly. Always felt like pulling on my shoulders. I might try some bibs when I lose another 25 pounds, but for now shorts are just fine.

6. Randy262

Randy262 New Member

How does this guy even lift his bike? I like to lift weights as well as bike and elliptical trainer. I don't think I had this kind of upper body even when I was 9. Of course, he is much faster on a bike than me, so to each his own.

7. Chavez

Chavez New Member

That pic of The Chicken is now in the "things I can never un-see" file on my mental hard drive.

8. artemidorus

artemidorus New Member

A simple answer is that bibs chafe less. This feature is particularly valuable in hot, humid weather.

9. Revds

Revds New Member

Ya... I got my first pair of bibs about a month back. I've been cycling for quite a few years. I love them... and hate them. Feel good around the crotch, breathe nicely, but my back gets sweaty and I hate having to wrestle with the everything for the sake of a quick bathroom break. I have used shorts for years.

Oh one more thing... bibs "look cool" if that's an incentive. Doesn't work for me though. I want "practical."

Revds
    North Bay, ON

10. alienator

I've gotta ask: how do bibs look cool? I mean, with a jersey on, no one can really see that you're wearing bibs unless you're standing around or they're stalking you.