Any early 40 year old riders...

Turbo Fahel

Guest
Want to know what you do to keep fit. I lift weights 3x a week and cycle about 100-120km.

I am 44 yrs old and started cycling over 18 months ago and looking at continual improvement.

I recently joined a cycling club and realised how unfit I am compared to the regular riders.

Any advise would be welcome.

--
Regards, Turbo Fahel __o -\<, ( ) / ( )

---

Turbo,

I commute ~40km/day Mon-Fri, Sat race, Sun ~80-100kms to recover. Gym 3 times per week stretching,
core stomach, weights for squats/lunges, light weight for upper body.

I am 45 and similarly, started racing. You could read books such as Cyclist Training Bible by Joe
Friel to improve your training. Persevere your fitness willl improve.

Cheers Kevin

Turbo Fahel wrote:
> Want to know what you do to keep fit. I lift weights 3x a week and cycle about 100-120km.
>
> I am 44 yrs old and started cycling over 18 months ago and looking at continual improvement.
>
> I recently joined a cycling club and realised how unfit I am compared to the regular riders.
>
> Any advise would be welcome.

Ride dammit ride

Must be a troll

> --
> Regards, Turbo Fahel __o -\<, ( ) / ( )
>

> ---

Hi,

Which club have you joined and would you recommend it?

Alan "Turbo Fahel" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Want to know what you do to keep fit. I lift weights 3x a week and cycle about 100-120km.
>
> I am 44 yrs old and started cycling over 18 months ago and looking at continual improvement.
>
> I recently joined a cycling club and realised how unfit I am compared to
the
> regular riders.
>
> Any advise would be welcome.
>
> --
> Regards, Turbo Fahel __o -\<, ( ) / ( )
>

> ---

Originally posted by Turbo Fahel

Want to know what you do to keep fit. I lift weights 3x a week and cycle about 100-120km.

I am 44 yrs old and started cycling over 18 months ago and looking at continual improvement.

I recently joined a cycling club and realised how unfit I am compared to the regular riders.

Any advise would be welcome.

--
Regards, Turbo Fahel __o -\<, ( ) / ( )

G'day mate. Umm... You think your'e unfit? You are getting more exercise than me, and many others, no doubt.

Continual improvement? I've been going downhill for many years.

Hey - Isn't this thread discriminatory? What about us 60 and 70 year olds?

Cheers.
Paul - Strictly tongue-in-cheek.