any Euro's who bought power systems in the States ?

lyot

May 30, 2004
anyone from Europe ever done that ? I've been looking at prices for power systems in the States, and they are just ridiculously cheap compared to what you pay in Europe for the same set up.. I wonder if I can buy online without having to pay for import taxes..

lyot said:
anyone from Europe ever done that ? I've been looking at prices for power systems in the States, and they are just ridiculously cheap compared to what you pay in Europe for the same set up.. I wonder if I can buy online without having to pay for import taxes..

You should have to pay VAT and import duties. How much have you been quoted in the US? I sell PTs for cheaper than you can get from the US + VAT + import duty

ric

ric_stern/RST said:
You should have to pay VAT and import duties. How much have you been quoted in the US? I sell PTs for cheaper than you can get from the US + VAT + import duty

ric

hey Ric,

that's what I feared (VAt / Duties).. I'd been looking to this website.. http://www.all3sports.com/Category/CategoryID/149/Manufacturer/PowerTap

I've been looking to your website, but I didn't see any prices of Powertap products there.. If you want, can you sent me a PM ?

greetings

I strongly suggest that before buying a USA powermeter you make sure the brand you're purchasing has a good technical service in europe.
All powermeters have issues, sooner or later you'll have to send it, if you have to send it to the USA it will take a lot more time than to germany.
Hope this helps.

gonzalovilaseca said:
I strongly suggest that before buying a USA powermeter you make sure the brand you're purchasing has a good technical service in europe.
All powermeters have issues, sooner or later you'll have to send it, if you have to send it to the USA it will take a lot more time than to germany.
Hope this helps.

i don't know about other European countries but it takes about 3 days for me to send or receive parcels between the UK and USA and about 2 days between the UK and mainlan Europe. Not worth worrying about for me.

ric

i'm just trying to see what's on the market. I haven't got the budget for it on this moment, but I'm working towards it.. Ric, thanks a lot for the info you sent me..