Any experience on Michelin Axial and pro tires?

Rudy

Sep 23, 2003
I just purchased a Michelin Axial Carbon tire and put it on my old bike's front wheel, which had an old Continental tire on it...

And whoaaa...what a difference the Michelin Axial Carbon tire made. Nice dampening and road feel effects.

Anyone out have tried the Michelin Carbon Pro could share some thoughts here? is it much better and more noticeable than the Axial Carbon?

Thanks,

I like the yellow stripes on these tires...they match the color of my bike :)

I've ridden Axial Pros, which is the racing version of the Carbon (I think the Carbon is designed for training - slightly heavier with more rubber and longer wearing). Axial Pros have treated me very well comfort-wise. I would guess that they are a little more supple than the Carbons and possibly grip better in the corners (softer rubber?).

The only negative comment is that the rubber is susceptible to cuts from road debris. I've haven't had to stop using one because of the cuts, but it doesn't look reassuring.

Very recently I've been racing on Hutchinson Carbon Comps. They feel faster and even more supple than the Axial Pros. Haven't done enough mileage on them yet to comment on longevity and durability though.

Originally posted by Rudy
I just purchased a Michelin Axial Carbon tire and put it on my old bike's front wheel, which had an old Continental tire on it...

And whoaaa...what a difference the Michelin Axial Carbon tire made. Nice dampening and road feel effects.

Anyone out have tried the Michelin Carbon Pro could share some thoughts here? is it much better and more noticeable than the Axial Carbon?

Thanks,

I like the yellow stripes on these tires...they match the color of my bike :)

I'm currently using the Axial Carbon for training and the roads I ride on are really bad in a couple of areas and I've hit a couple of new potholes so hard that I thought I might of bent my rim but everything was fine and the tires seem to be incredibly resilient which is what I wanted in a training tire. I haven't had a flat on them yet but I'm knocking on wood as I write this.

Matt