Any experience with Campy 11 and Shimano 10

jasonsankar

Jun 4, 2004
Hi- I am a long time lurker who uses a "Shimergo" set up with 10 speed Campy shifters and 9 speed Shimano rear der. and wheel, using the "Hubub" cable routing. I was looking at the specs and noticed that the spacing for Campy 11 and Shimano 10 are only .1 mm apart, which has usually been considered the limit for good shifting.

I was wondering if anyone has any experience with the Shimergo setup with this combo, good or bad

Thanks,

Jason

jasonsankar said:
Hi- I am a long time lurker who uses a "Shimergo" set up with 10 speed Campy shifters and 9 speed Shimano rear der. and wheel, using the "Hubub" cable routing. I was looking at the specs and noticed that the spacing for Campy 11 and Shimano 10 are only .1 mm apart, which has usually been considered the limit for good shifting.

I was wondering if anyone has any experience with the Shimergo setup with this combo, good or bad
I've wondered the same thing ...

If you simply want to use a 10-speed Shimano cassette with Campagnolo shifters, then a SRAM Road rear derailleur is a known mix-and-match which will yield 10-speed Shimano indexing when mated to a 10-speed Campagnolo shifter ...

FWIW. Despite what some people have said where they suggest that there isn't a difference between the 8-/9-speed Shimano rear derailleurs & the 10-speed Shimano rear derailleurs, I replaced my hubbub'd Shimano rear derailleur with a direct-connect Shimano 10-speed rear derailleur (see attachments) ...

By extrapolation, I would think that you should be able to hubbub a 10-speed Shimano rear derailleur to yield 10-speed Shimano indexing when mated to 10-speed Campagnolo shifters ...

So, working backwards, it would seem that an 11-speed Campagnolo shifter with an 8-/9-speed Shimano rear derailleur MIGHT (by, perhaps not!?!) yield 10-speed Shimano indexing.

If you are keen on using an 11-speed Campagnolo Ultra Shift shifter, I would suggest you consider replacing the indexing wheel if the direct-connect of an 8-/9-speed Shimano rear derailleur doesn't yield 10-speed Shimano indexing ... OR, simply get a 10-speed Centaur/Veloce version of the newer style shifters.