Any Fondriest dealers out there?

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Scott, Jan 23, 2003.

  1. Scott

    Scott Guest

    Was looking to buy a frame and the local dealer says Fondriest USA only sells direct...no more
    dealer sales. Why?

    One thing I did notice was that the Top Level was going to cost me over $2k from a dealer, now its
    $1499 direct.

    Shooting themselves in the foot or trying to make amends for over-priced frames?

    Tags:

  2. Dwall

    Dwall Guest

    Try these guy they are in Canada so the US buck is worth $1.50 phone number is on the web site!

    http://www.ti-cycle.com/

    "Scott" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Was looking to buy a frame and the local dealer says Fondriest USA only sells direct...no more
    > dealer sales. Why?
    >
    > One thing I did notice was that the Top Level was going to cost me over $2k from a dealer, now its
    > $1499 direct.
    >
    > Shooting themselves in the foot or trying to make amends for over-priced frames?

  3. Dave Hansen

    Dave Hansen Guest

    >Was looking to buy a frame and the local dealer says Fondriest USA only sells direct...no more
    >dealer sales. Why? One thing I did notice was that the Top Level was going to cost me over $2k from
    >a dealer, now its $1499 direct. Shooting themselves in the foot or trying to make amends for
    >over-priced frames?

    The more appropriate newsgroup for this post is rec.bicycles.marketplace.
    -----------------

  5. [email protected] (Scott) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > Was looking to buy a frame and the local dealer says Fondriest USA only sells direct...no more
    > dealer sales. Why?
    >
    > One thing I did notice was that the Top Level was going to cost me over $2k from a dealer, now its
    > $1499 direct.
    >
    > Shooting themselves in the foot or trying to make amends for over-priced frames?

    If, by chance you are in Seattle, there's a guy here who gets them. Pace Cycles in Redmond. Nicest
    guy/Strangest bike shop you've ever seen. Colnago C-40 next to a rusted out schwinn next to a
    Fondriest Renaix '88. Email me if you would like his contact info -a