Any Georgians Out There??

Discussion in 'The Bike Cafe' started by quikiechickie, Mar 1, 2004.

1. onmybike

onmybike New Member

great! thanks! i'll check out your recommendations. i tried the ride from stone mtn to kelly town that is listed on saddlebred, but it took forever to find the beginning of the route, and the road was far from scenic. i made it to lithonia, and after many rude motorists, decided to turn around. the only cool thing about the ride was the buck that ran about 100 feet from me for awhile. but i'll look up the route from stone mtn to downtown. i've ridden part of silk sheets, and i really liked that. maybe i'll do the whole ride. i love riding in cartersville, but it's so far away...so i hoped to find something similar a little closer to lilburn.

thanks for the advice!!

2. Capt.Injury

Capt.Injury New Member

Outside of the Stone Mtn Park paths, your really not going to find much in the Gwinnett County area, as I also live in Lilburn/Lawrenceville area. YOu might can find a path in Upper Duluth area, near the Fulton/Gwinnett County Line.

YOu also might can find a descent route out near Dacula (Other side of Lawrenceville), the urban sprawl hasn't quite gotten to this area as much, and might can map a descent route out there.

3. HectorM52

HectorM52 New Member

I need a newbie partner to come and ride with me up in the Buford/Duluth/Dacula areas. Anyone up for that?

4. darkytoo

darkytoo New Member

I just moved down here to norcross beginning of the year and I'm sticking mainly with stone mountain. I've only recently stopped fighting my addiction and forged ahead with my biking. I'm trying to find some people to actually bike with now, it gets sort of lonely biking 20 miles with nothing but my ipod to keep me company.

5. HectorM52

HectorM52 New Member

I'd head over to Stone Mountain twice a week (at least) if you guys wanted to ride??

That makes 3, right?

6. darkytoo

darkytoo New Member

I usually ride 3-4 times a week, sunday, monday, wednesday, and friday. Usually around 1-2pm

7. HectorM52

HectorM52 New Member

do you have no job?

I work 7:30 to 6:00 every day (M-F)

8. darkytoo

darkytoo New Member

nope, I work thursday through monday, 3am to whenever I get done.
    Commission sales is fun!
    :)

9. HectorM52

HectorM52 New Member

If you want to meet up after this weekend, let me know. I'm booked solid till Monday.

10. darkytoo

darkytoo New Member

sounds cool. I don't know if i'll go out this monday. I did 20 miles last monday and apparently I haven't been riding correctly because I screwed my left hand up so bad I couldn't even pick anything up for 3 days, sorta cool. I drive a little blue honda with a tortuga twins sticker on the bike rack.

11. darkytoo

darkytoo New Member

:) i'm back to riding. The doctor asked me if it hurt and was getting better, I said yes, she said to get my butt back on my bike. Don't know if I really agree, but I can't stop now. I'm riding this wed. hopefully around one or so, depending on the weather. :)

12. HectorM52

HectorM52 New Member

I've been lazy this past few weeks. From the rain then working late and going in and out of town, I have't ridden since early July. Gotta get back on it.

I know they have a ride at some shop off Peachtree Industrial on Saturday mornings. Depending on how I feel, I may try to make that...

13. rwag

rwag New Member

Alpharetta over next to the Greenway.

14. Roller4life

Roller4life New Member

Suwanee (where I'm at) has a good bit of rides here in gwinnett. Its more of walking trails but its got alot of gradient differences like you go up and down and up and down and its mostly under shade so in the summer its not that bad for riding but in the winter its even better. Some of the local parks also have some decent length trails that are in the burbs.

-PCe

15. Topsi1208

Topsi1208 New Member

:) Hello! I'm west of Atlanta.

16. Topsi1208

Topsi1208 New Member

IU didn't get to go but the group I ride with went. They said it was awesome. They ride the Brasstown Bald route at least once a month. They also really like having an international class event so close to home.

17. Mulligan Al

Mulligan Al New Member

I'm getting back into cycling and would like to know which shops in the Atlanta area have a better stock of high-end and mid-priced bikes?

18. Topsi1208

Topsi1208 New Member

Performance Bicycles in Marietta & Roswell Bicycles will be able to help you. I'm in the suburbs & my LBS here is terrific. If they don't have what you want, they will get it for you.

19. Japheth

Japheth New Member

I live in Stone Mountain near Tucker (ATL) in Smoke Rise. If you have the shoes a good trip is to go into Stone Mountain Park, lock your bike at the base of the mountain, and then climb to the top. great view.
    I might not be riding much there though now because the landscaping business at home seems to be picking up.

Jacob

20. Japheth

Japheth New Member

bike stores in atl? check out the one in Tucker.

Tucker bicycles
    770 934-2002

great repair and maintenance
    service
    quality bikes
    popular
    tune-ups

that's my store of choice.

Jacob