Any Georgians Out There??

quikiechickie

Mar 1, 2004
Hello There. Just wondering if there were any people on the forums from Georgia. I am from Hampton (just south of ATL). Post here if you are from around these parts!!

I would have thought you would have gotten a better response. I in South DeKalb/St. Mountain area.

Originally posted by quikiechickie
Hello There. Just wondering if there were any people on the forums from Georgia. I am from Hampton (just south of ATL). Post here if you are from around these parts!!

I'm from Newnan, I ride with a group out of Peachtree City that rides through Hampton a good bit. Plus two of my teammates are from Hampton.

Hi there. i'm not from georgia and i don't even live there at the moment, but i'll be starting grad school at GATech in august. i'll probably be down there for a couple 3 years. i definitely plan to hit the trails and i've heard that atlanta offers some nice riding.

A question for you Georgians - did any of you get out and watch the Tour De Georgia ?
And if you did - were you impressed ?
We you pleased to see European teams competing on your home ground ?

Originally posted by limerickman
A question for you Georgians - did any of you get out and watch the Tour De Georgia ?
And if you did - were you impressed ?
We you pleased to see European teams competing on your home ground ?

Yes it was nice seeing Euro teams compete here in Georgia. I was impressed with the ease at which they made climbing look. I also just had lunch with the TdG Directors and word has it the TdG may expand to 10 days next year.

Originally posted by yayaya
Yes it was nice seeing Euro teams compete here in Georgia. I was impressed with the ease at which they made climbing look. I also just had lunch with the TdG Directors and word has it the TdG may expand to 10 days next year.

On your first point - TV doesn't convey how quickly the pros ride
at.
They make climbs look very,very easy.

It would be great if they could make to the race longer.
It might attract more european teams.

Hey hey! Who wants to go ride sometime..I've been looking for some riding partners for a while now. Kennesaw Georgia

quikiechickie said:
Hey, I am in Gwinnett. Looking to get into "road riding" a bit more. I used to be an avid mountain biker, but then went to college and pretty much quit altogether. Trying to get back into it.

Anyone have a cheap decent bike up for sale? I know this isn't the classifieds section, but you never know. Don't have much money to spend!!

Anyway, if anyone is up for a "group ride" just post here and I am sure we can conjure up a decent group!

Adam

Hey quickie, I was just looking around and saw your post. If my handle doesn't sound familiar, I am the guy who just got a new bike. Hurry and get some winter garb so we can go riding! (Jeff)

Gainesville, GA here... be cool to get a bunch of people here together for a ride sometime.

John

LiquidMercury18 said:
I'm up for riding. Alpharetta area here just north of Atlanta.
I'm another from the Alpharetta area. Usually out on the Greenway running or riding a couple times a week. If anybody knows of a group ride in the area let me know.

ubdawg said:
I'm another from the Alpharetta area. Usually out on the Greenway running or riding a couple times a week. If anybody knows of a group ride in the area let me know.
I am also from the Alpharetta area. I ride around the greenway from time to time. Right now, I am part of Team In Training getting ready for a Century in June, so I spend a lot of time on roads now. I have some friends that I get together with nearly every Saturday morning to ride somewhere. We often invite newbies, and others to come out with us and enjoy biking. We ride at different paces. If you're interested in joining us sometime, get me your information and I could add you to our email list that goes out when we get a ride together. Once it gets warmer, we have some pretty good sized groups of guys, girls, younger and somewhat older.

If you want to check out some regular rides in the area, This is a great sight to see what others have organized, and you can probably find something that fits your schedule easily.
http://www.sadlebred.com/atlroadrides.html

I ride a Specialized Sequoia (silver) and am usually wearing a yellow top, or a blue jersey. Say hi if you ever see me in the area!

i just moved to lilburn, ga...close to stone mtn. can anyone help me out with some good road rides in my area?? i would LOVE to find one that can start at my house! i miss the country roads. can someone please help?? :)

onmybike said:
i just moved to lilburn, ga...close to stone mtn. can anyone help me out with some good road rides in my area?? i would LOVE to find one that can start at my house! i miss the country roads. can someone please help?? :)
Go to http://sadlebred.com/ and check out their list of rides in the Atlanta area. They have several maps online as well. Another great thing to do is stop by your local bike shop and ask them what rides they know about. Stone Mtn. has a great bike path, and there is even a trail that departs from the park and goes to downtown Atlanta. Parts of it may be on the road at the moment, but they have plans to make it a trail the whole way. The best ride I have done in the Atlanta area is Silk Sheets, (map here http://www.bikingforlife.org/routes/docs/silksheet.pdf ) This is a well known ride in the country not too far from the airport/Six Flags area. Very nice roads, and heavily trafficked by cyclists on the weekends.

Hope this helps.