Any girls doing this? (Guys can ignore this thread.)

Discussion in 'Australia and New Zealand' started by Dorfus Dippintush, Aug 9, 2007.

  1. Tags:

  2. Terryc

    Terryc Guest

    Dorfus Dippintush wrote:

    > Great Singles Bike Ride
    >
    > http://www.greatsinglesbikeride.com.au/index.htm
    >
    > Do girls do this or is just going to be hundreds of nerdy guys? (Like me.)

    Read carefully, it is an add for a farm stay place.

    I'm just wondering why the "girls" look a bit tired and if the
    "organisers" are "swingers"

  3. BT Humble

    BT Humble Guest

    Terryc wrote:
    > Read carefully, it is an add for a farm stay place.

    "Camp overnight at Jalbrook Cottages & Alpacas (www.jalbrook.com.au),
    a stunning property set on 10.5 acres of parkland gardens"

    10.5 acres? Bloody peasants!

    > I'm just wondering why the "girls" look a bit tired and if the
    > "organisers" are "swingers"

    I think you're drawing a pretty long bow with that leap of logic.

    BTH
    (Can I borrow your Ivory Tower for a moment, Theo?)

  4. cfsmtb

    cfsmtb New Member

    Joined:
    Apr 11, 2003
    Messages:
    4,963
    Sounds like a similar concept to what happens at the GVBR, just slightly more refined. Maybe folks are over the whole P&O fkship thing? The target audience prolly would be hundreds of nerdy guys, although as a female I don't find the event all that interesting.

  5. Jack Russell

    Jack Russell Guest

    cfsmtb wrote:
    > Dorfus Dippintush Wrote:
    >
    >>Great Singles Bike Ride
    >>
    >>http://www.greatsinglesbikeride.com.au/index.htm
    >>
    >>Do girls do this or is just going to be hundreds of nerdy guys? (Like
    >>me.)

    > Sounds like a similar concept to what happens at the GVBR, just
    > slightly more refined. Maybe folks are over the whole P&O fkship thing?
    > The target audience prolly would be hundreds of nerdy guys, although as
    > a female I don't find the event all that interesting.

    Have to say that is a nice part of the world to ride in, better nearer
    the coast though.

    --
    Remove norubbish to reply

  6. Theo Bekkers

    Theo Bekkers Guest

    BT Humble wrote:
    > Terryc wrote:
    >> Read carefully, it is an add for a farm stay place.

    > "Camp overnight at Jalbrook Cottages & Alpacas (www.jalbrook.com.au),
    > a stunning property set on 10.5 acres of parkland gardens"
    >
    > 10.5 acres? Bloody peasants!

    > (Can I borrow your Ivory Tower for a moment, Theo?)

    Sure, the ladder is on the South side.
    A 40 km ride for a weekend stay? Why bother? The Nannup-Balingup road
    doesn't have lot of local traffic but, by October, will have touristy
    traffic. Last time I was down there it was a narrow road with poor
    shoulders, could be a little harrowing when there is a car passing in both
    directions.
    If you want to ride some hills, camp at Chez' Bekkers, set on 5.08 acres of
    treed bushland. The 60 kms return ride to Bullsbrook should be enough hills
    for a morning. :)

    Theo

  7. Graeme Dods

    Graeme Dods Guest

    On Aug 10, 8:57 am, "Theo Bekkers" <[email protected]> wrote:
    > A 40 km ride for a weekend stay? Why bother? The Nannup-Balingup road
    > doesn't have lot of local traffic but, by October, will have touristy
    > traffic. Last time I was down there it was a narrow road with poor
    > shoulders, could be a little harrowing when there is a car passing in both
    > directions.

    Still is. It is a very beautiful road (it reminds me of the driving
    along the Tay back home) and the thought of cycling it does appeal,
    but as you say, if you cycle it at a touristy time then you'd probably
    be to concerned about other vehicles to enjoy the ride.

    (it looks like it's the girls ignoring this thread, not the guys)

    Graeme

  8. LotteBum

    LotteBum New Member

    Joined:
    Nov 2, 2004
    Messages:
    1,138
    Aww don't be like that. Seriously dude, give it a miss. Just go to any rural town in Australia and you should be able to pick up a scrubber no worries. Chicks who ride bikes are feral.

    Lotte

  9. Theo Bekkers

    Theo Bekkers Guest

    LotteBum wrote:
    > Dorfus Dippintush Wrote:
    >> Do girls do this or is just going to be hundreds of nerdy guys? (Like
    >> me.)

    > Aww don't be like that. Seriously dude, give it a miss. Just go to
    > any rural town in Australia and you should be able to pick up a
    > scrubber no worries. Chicks who ride bikes are feral.

    Country towns don't have any scrubbers Lotte. With an unmarried young male
    to female ratio of 5:1, all the chicks are highly desirable babes.

    Theo

  10. Theo Bekkers

    Theo Bekkers Guest

    Dorfus Dippintush Wrote:

    > Do girls do this or is just going to be hundreds of nerdy guys? (Like
    > me.)

    If you want a girl to ride with on this weekend, you'd better bring one.

    Theo

  11. TimC

    TimC Guest

    On 2007-08-10, LotteBum (aka Bruce)

    > Dorfus Dippintush Wrote:
    >> Do girls do this or is just going to be hundreds of nerdy guys? (Like
    >> me.)

    > Aww don't be like that. Seriously dude, give it a miss. Just go to
    > any rural town in Australia and you should be able to pick up a
    > scrubber no worries. Chicks who ride bikes are feral.

    I live in a rural town, and can't even pick me up a scrubber!

    --
    TimC
    >> Imagine what a tipped over tractor-trailer formerly
    >> full of potatoes looks like.

    > Not half as messy as a truckload of oranges.

    Or a hovercraft full of eels. -- Tanuki on ASR

  12. Dave

    Dave Guest

    On Fri, 10 Aug 2007 05:37:09 +0000, TimC wrote:

    > I live in a rural town, and can't even pick me up a scrubber!

    That's because you keep inviting them back to your place to see your 3.9
    meter tool.

    --
    Dave Hughes | [email protected]
    Any commentary about doing something "for the children" has no place in

  13. Terryc

    Terryc Guest

    BT Humble wrote:
    > Terryc wrote:

    >>I'm just wondering why the "girls" look a bit tired and if the
    >>"organisers" are "swingers"

    > I think you're drawing a pretty long bow with that leap of logic.

    The two girls in one pic looked like they were at the wrong end of a
    hard century or something. YMMV. I remember the women who came on rides
    I organised as being fresher in the face.

    If you want to post this sort of pic, you'd post a bright cheerful face,
    but as I said, YMMV.

    In my experience. any recreational bicycle ride wasa good place to meet
    other single people. I guess it depended on your style and interests as
    to which worked best for you.

  14. Dancier

    Dancier New Member

    Joined:
    Jul 26, 2005
    If you want the girls then go horse riding, cycling is generally to hard from what i've seen and they are often a lot slower so you tend to do a lot of waiting. Mind you there are some fast ones around but they generally have some fast guys nearby.

  15. On Fri, 10 Aug 2007 14:51:30 +1000, LotteBum wrote:

    > Aww don't be like that. Seriously dude, give it a miss. Just go to
    > any rural town in Australia and you should be able to pick up a
    > scrubber no worries. Chicks who ride bikes are feral.

    It's nothing a decent shower can't fix. Diamonds in the rough :)

  16. On Fri, 10 Aug 2007 13:05:08 +0800, Theo Bekkers wrote:

    > Country towns don't have any scrubbers Lotte. With an unmarried young male
    > to female ratio of 5:1, all the chicks are highly desirable babes.

    As are most of the livestock.

  17. TimC

    TimC Guest

    On 2007-08-12, Michael Warner (aka Bruce)
    > On Fri, 10 Aug 2007 14:51:30 +1000, LotteBum wrote:
    >
    >> Aww don't be like that. Seriously dude, give it a miss. Just go to
    >> any rural town in Australia and you should be able to pick up a
    >> scrubber no worries. Chicks who ride bikes are feral.

    > It's nothing a decent shower can't fix. Diamonds in the rough :)

    Actually, having found out about Fake Steve Jobs yesterday, I'm
    thinking of bike helmet girl. Yummy.

    --
    TimC
    When some other esteemed editor reposts this, it'll be the Periodic

  18. BT Humble

    BT Humble Guest

    On Aug 10, 7:04 pm, Terryc <[email protected]> wrote:
    > BTHumble wrote:
    > > Terryc wrote:
    > >>I'm just wondering why the "girls" look a bit tired and if the
    > >>"organisers" are "swingers"

    > > I think you're drawing a pretty long bow with that leap of logic.

    > The two girls in one pic looked like they were at the wrong end of a
    > hard century or something. YMMV. I remember the women who came on rides
    > I organised as being fresher in the face.
    >
    > If you want to post this sort of pic, you'd post a bright cheerful face,
    > but as I said, YMMV.
    >
    > In my experience. any recreational bicycle ride wasa good place to meet
    > other single people. I guess it depended on your style and interests as
    > to which worked best for you.

    I'm still having a difficult time seeing how a picture of two tired
    lady cyclists == swinger's weekend.

    BTH

  19. BT Humble

    BT Humble Guest

    TimC wrote:
    > On 2007-08-10, LotteBum (aka Bruce)
    > > Dorfus Dippintush Wrote:
    > >> Do girls do this or is just going to be hundreds of nerdy guys? (Like
    > >> me.)

    > > Aww don't be like that. Seriously dude, give it a miss. Just go to
    > > any rural town in Australia and you should be able to pick up a
    > > scrubber no worries. Chicks who ride bikes are feral.

    > I live in a rural town, and can't even pick me up a scrubber!

    My lovely wife advises going on a weekend gig with this organisation:

    http://www.conservationvolunteers.com.au/

    I've been on to a couple of them, and the female:male ratio is about
    5:1. And they're generally sweet, dedicated, energetic young things
    too. ;-)

    BTH

  20. Chris Baird

    Chris Baird Guest

    > Sounds like a similar concept to what happens at the GVBR, just
    > slightly more refined. Maybe folks are over the whole P&O fkship
    > thing?
    > The target audience prolly would be hundreds of nerdy guys,

    Uni cycling clubs might take issue with someone else trying to break
    into their racket.. (I still can't motivate myself to check out any
    organized group cycling after the UQ meatmarket creepiness. :/)

    --
    Chris