Any Good MODERATED Recumbent Message Boards?

skip wrote:

> I don't think bentrider does much moderating. He just kicks you off when you threaten bodily harm
> to other posters. For a bit more moderation check out
>
> http://www.ihpva.org/pipermail/hpv/index.html

Messages posted to the IHPVA lists are only checked by a moderator if they are from non-subscribers.
Spammers and other miscreants are unsubscribed at the discretion of the list owner, however.

Bobinator wrote:

> The title says it all.

What fun would that be? ;)

I do a bit more than that. I also lock threads when things get way off topic or people start to get
abbusive. I also issue a lot of warnings. You'd be amazed at the amount of time I spend dealing with
the board and its many issues. It is a good place though.

Bryan J. Ball Editor/Publisher www.bentrideronline.com

'BentRider wrote:

> I do a bit more than that. I also lock threads when things get way off topic or people start to
> get abbusive. I also issue a lot of warnings. You'd be amazed at the amount of time I spend
> dealing with the board and its many issues. It is a good place though.

Not for us with "capillary straw" [1] dial up connections, however. :(

Of course, I NEVER participate in OT flame wars. ;)

[1] At times my connection speed is less than 1 kilobyte/second.

Arguing with an engineer is like mud wrestling with a pig... You soon find out the pig likes
it! - Unknown

I have considered doing a Yahoo Newsgroup for the seriously bent who have crossed over to
Power-Assists, but I am so very busy now that I have no time free. Truly nice how many bent cyclists
I have seen posting here over the years have gone to ICE & E-Motors.
***************************
"DrJoel" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Ok start one and use powerboard, so it is real user friendly.
>
> "Joshua Goldberg" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > How nice of you to ask me to start a Recumbent Newsgroup and be the Moderator.
> > ******************************
> > "Bobinator" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...
> > > The title says it all.

I'm wondering if you tried it lately. When we had a picture in the background it loaded very slowly.
It's much better now. No more time consuming than cnn.com or something like that.

bentcruiser <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> Tom Sherman wrote:
> > What fun would that be?
>

> Sure does make reading it a lot more pleasant

Looks to me like the issue isn't the presence of a moderater. Often the damage is done by the time
the moderater steps in. The problem is the internet. People behave badly because of the anonyminity
and remove. They say things they wouldn't say face to face.

If you read this board on a web page like google or cycling forums, you can do your own moderating.
You can usually tell from the subject line/author which threads to ignore.

John Riley

I subscribed to Cycling Forums last week and found it way too Un-bent.

As for people saying things in a Newsgroup they would not say face to face. Guess I am the exception
there, I write the way I speak, only difference is that On-line no one sees me pulling my foot out
of my mouth.

I almost became the moderator of a IHPV Group, but I figured the moment I became moderator would be
the moment everyone unsubcribed.
**********************************
"john riley" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> bentcruiser <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> > Tom Sherman wrote:
> > > What fun would that be?
> >

> > Sure does make reading it a lot more pleasant
>
> Looks to me like the issue isn't the presence of a moderater. Often the damage is done by the time
> the moderater steps in. The problem is the internet. People behave badly because of the
> anonyminity and remove. They say things they wouldn't say face to face.
>
> If you read this board on a web page like google or cycling forums, you can do your own
> moderating. You can usually tell from the subject line/author which threads to ignore.
>
> John Riley

Thanx John....there be bent content there, might take time to get used to the weird layout. PS
Sherbourne south of Carlton is starting to look like the surface of moon...fast going south and that
side is not all eaten up (yet).

http://www.cyclingforums.com/forumdisplay.php?s=48c6e56aa04c2b717856804a6494efcf&forumid=59