Any Good MODERATED Recumbent Message Boards?

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by Bobinator, Jul 28, 2003.

  1. Bobinator

    Bobinator Guest

    The title says it all.

    Tags:

  2. Review Boy

    Review Boy Guest

  3. How nice of you to ask me to start a Recumbent Newsgroup and be the Moderator.
    ******************************
    "Bobinator" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > The title says it all.

  4. Skip

    Skip Guest

  5. Tom Sherman

    Tom Sherman Guest

    skip wrote:

    > I don't think bentrider does much moderating. He just kicks you off when you threaten bodily harm
    > to other posters. For a bit more moderation check out
    >
    > http://www.ihpva.org/pipermail/hpv/index.html

    Messages posted to the IHPVA lists are only checked by a moderator if they are from non-subscribers.
    Spammers and other miscreants are unsubscribed at the discretion of the list owner, however.

  6. Tom Sherman

    Tom Sherman Guest

    Bobinator wrote:

    > The title says it all.

    What fun would that be? ;)

  7. Bentrider

    Bentrider Guest

    I do a bit more than that. I also lock threads when things get way off topic or people start to get
    abbusive. I also issue a lot of warnings. You'd be amazed at the amount of time I spend dealing with
    the board and its many issues. It is a good place though.

    On Mon, 28 Jul 2003 21:25:15 -0500, "skip" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >I don't think bentrider does much moderating. He just kicks you off when you threaten bodily harm
    >to other posters. For a bit more moderation check out
    >
    >http://www.ihpva.org/pipermail/hpv/index.html
    >

    >"Review Boy" <review [email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    >> www.bentrideronline.com
    >>
    >> "Bobinator" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >> news:[email protected]...
    >> > The title says it all.

    Bryan J. Ball Editor/Publisher www.bentrideronline.com

  8. bentcruiser

    bentcruiser New Member

    Joined:
    Apr 18, 2003
    Sure does make reading it a lot more pleasant

  9. Tom Sherman

    Tom Sherman Guest

    'BentRider wrote:

    > I do a bit more than that. I also lock threads when things get way off topic or people start to
    > get abbusive. I also issue a lot of warnings. You'd be amazed at the amount of time I spend
    > dealing with the board and its many issues. It is a good place though.

    Not for us with "capillary straw" [1] dial up connections, however. :(

    Of course, I NEVER participate in OT flame wars. ;)

    [1] At times my connection speed is less than 1 kilobyte/second.

    Arguing with an engineer is like mud wrestling with a pig... You soon find out the pig likes
    it! - Unknown

  10. Drjoel

    Drjoel Guest

  11. I have considered doing a Yahoo Newsgroup for the seriously bent who have crossed over to
    Power-Assists, but I am so very busy now that I have no time free. Truly nice how many bent cyclists
    I have seen posting here over the years have gone to ICE & E-Motors.
    ***************************
    "DrJoel" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Ok start one and use powerboard, so it is real user friendly.
    >
    > "Joshua Goldberg" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > How nice of you to ask me to start a Recumbent Newsgroup and be the Moderator.
    > > ******************************
    > > "Bobinator" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:[email protected]...
    > > > The title says it all.

  12. Bentrider

    Bentrider Guest

    I'm wondering if you tried it lately. When we had a picture in the background it loaded very slowly.
    It's much better now. No more time consuming than cnn.com or something like that.

    On Tue, 29 Jul 2003 19:43:44 -0500, Tom Sherman <[email protected]> wrote:

    >'BentRider wrote:
    >>
    >> I do a bit more than that. I also lock threads when things get way off topic or people start to
    >> get abbusive. I also issue a lot of warnings. You'd be amazed at the amount of time I spend
    >> dealing with the board and its many issues. It is a good place though.
    >
    >Not for us with "capillary straw" [1] dial up connections, however. :(
    >
    >Of course, I NEVER participate in OT flame wars. ;)
    >
    >[1] At times my connection speed is less than 1 kilobyte/second.
    >
    >Tom Sherman - Quad Cities USA (Illinois side)
    >
    >Arguing with an engineer is like mud wrestling with a pig... You soon find out the pig likes it!
    >- Unknown

    Bryan J. Ball Editor/Publisher www.bentrideronline.com

  13. John Riley

    John Riley Guest

    bentcruiser <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > Tom Sherman wrote:
    > > What fun would that be?
    >

    > Sure does make reading it a lot more pleasant

    Looks to me like the issue isn't the presence of a moderater. Often the damage is done by the time
    the moderater steps in. The problem is the internet. People behave badly because of the anonyminity
    and remove. They say things they wouldn't say face to face.

    If you read this board on a web page like google or cycling forums, you can do your own moderating.
    You can usually tell from the subject line/author which threads to ignore.

    John Riley

  14. I subscribed to Cycling Forums last week and found it way too Un-bent.

    As for people saying things in a Newsgroup they would not say face to face. Guess I am the exception
    there, I write the way I speak, only difference is that On-line no one sees me pulling my foot out
    of my mouth.

    I almost became the moderator of a IHPV Group, but I figured the moment I became moderator would be
    the moment everyone unsubcribed.
    **********************************
    "john riley" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > bentcruiser <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > > Tom Sherman wrote:
    > > > What fun would that be?
    > >

    > > Sure does make reading it a lot more pleasant
    >
    > Looks to me like the issue isn't the presence of a moderater. Often the damage is done by the time
    > the moderater steps in. The problem is the internet. People behave badly because of the
    > anonyminity and remove. They say things they wouldn't say face to face.
    >
    > If you read this board on a web page like google or cycling forums, you can do your own
    > moderating. You can usually tell from the subject line/author which threads to ignore.
    >
    > John Riley

  15. John Riley

    John Riley Guest

  16. Thanx John....there be bent content there, might take time to get used to the weird layout. PS
    Sherbourne south of Carlton is starting to look like the surface of moon...fast going south and that
    side is not all eaten up (yet).

    http://www.cyclingforums.com/forumdisplay.php?s=48c6e56aa04c2b717856804a6494efcf&forumid=59