Any good Road or Mtn biking around Quebec City?

Discussion in 'The Bike Cafe' started by cheapie, Oct 9, 2006.

1. cheapie

cheapie New Member

I'll be there all week next week for business. However, I will only have an hour or so of actual work each day and was considering renting a bike or bringing my own up there.

Is it a nice city to ride in? Are there nearby trails worth looking at?

Thanks!

Tags:

2. cheapie

cheapie New Member

i guess not :confused:

3. God again

God again New Member

Actually, yes, very nice city to ride in. Sorry for the lack of response, but this forum has been hijacked for personal purposes, and we're not used to real posts anymore.

The city is very hilly, so if you like climbing you're in business. The south shore of the city is particularly good riding. MTB is good overall and best at Mont Ste Anne, which is just a short drive north. There's a city cycling map at http://www.ville.quebec.qc.ca/fr/ma_ville/docs/velo_plan_reseau_cyclable.pdf
    but it doesn't cover south shore, which I enjoy best. There's a road called Chemin du Fleuve in I think St-Romuald, just on the south shore, where a number of races have been held. Flat and nice along the water, then these back-breaking climbs up the escarpment.

4. cheapie

cheapie New Member

thanks a ton! that's exactly what i'm looking for.

5. God again

God again New Member

Yeah, sorry it took a bit of time. Like I said, this forum has been hijacked by individuals for their personal thing. But Qc City is a beautiful spot to ride in. Do bring the bike, and if MTB is your thing try to get up to Mt Ste Anne.

I don't know where you're from, but I will say that riding in Quebec generally is awesome because the drivers are used to seeing cyclists and aren't jerks like in much of the rest of Canada.

God

6. Fausto Coppied

Fausto Coppied New Member

Not sure how registering UCI teams, results at Worlds, marketing the CCA, new CCA web site, etc, are "personal things" but whatever.

I don't expect much sanity from a guy/girl who signs off as God.

7. Yojimbo_

Yojimbo_ Well-Known Member

And that just proves his point................