Cycling Equipment · Public discussion

Any good sites on assembling a bike?

Started by Brad · · Last activity · 2 posts · 948 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Cycling Equipment
Published
7 June 2003
Last activity
8 June 2003
Original author
Brad
Posts
2
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
948
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–2 of 2
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Hey all,

    I've just completed purchasing all the parts for my new bike. Now I just need to put it together?
    Ok, so I won't be doing this along. A buddy of mine is who has all the necessary tools will be
    guiding me along but I'd like to go into this informed. I'm hoping to learn a lot about the process
    as we go through the build.

    So, any good sites you would recommend? I know park has a good site on maintenance but I'm not so
    sure it covers assembly.

  2. (Brad) said:

    I've just completed purchasing all the parts for my new bike. Now I just need to put it together?
    Ok, so I won't be doing this along. A buddy of mine is who has all the necessary tools will be
    guiding me along but I'd like to go into this informed. I'm hoping to learn a lot about the process
    as we go through the build.

    So, any good sites you would recommend? I know park has a good site on maintenance but I'm not so
    sure it covers assembly.

    It's not a website, but this may help...

    branfordbike.comvideo5a.html

    OK that IS a website, but it's a link for the "Box to Bike" video by my buddy Tim Laflin. In it, he
    walks you through the construction of a bare frame into a bike piece by piece.

    Watching the video is like hanging out with a friend building a bike up. It's short on Hollywood
    factor, but you should come away with the info you need to do the job (at the very least, you will
    have seen someone else do all the steps so you can talk intelligently about them).

    Mark Hickey Habanero Cycles habcycles.comhabcycles.com Home of the $695 ti frame

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.