Any good sites on assembling a bike?

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Brad, Jun 7, 2003.

  1. Brad

    Brad Guest

    Hey all,

    I've just completed purchasing all the parts for my new bike. Now I just need to put it together?
    Ok, so I won't be doing this along. A buddy of mine is who has all the necessary tools will be
    guiding me along but I'd like to go into this informed. I'm hoping to learn a lot about the process
    as we go through the build.

    So, any good sites you would recommend? I know park has a good site on maintenance but I'm not so
    sure it covers assembly.

    Tags:

  2. Mark Hickey

    Mark Hickey Guest

    [email protected] (Brad) wrote:

    >I've just completed purchasing all the parts for my new bike. Now I just need to put it together?
    >Ok, so I won't be doing this along. A buddy of mine is who has all the necessary tools will be
    >guiding me along but I'd like to go into this informed. I'm hoping to learn a lot about the process
    >as we go through the build.
    >
    >So, any good sites you would recommend? I know park has a good site on maintenance but I'm not so
    >sure it covers assembly.

    It's not a website, but this may help...

    http://www.branfordbike.com/videos/video5a.html#item1

    OK that IS a website, but it's a link for the "Box to Bike" video by my buddy Tim Laflin. In it, he
    walks you through the construction of a bare frame into a bike piece by piece.

    Watching the video is like hanging out with a friend building a bike up. It's short on Hollywood
    factor, but you should come away with the info you need to do the job (at the very least, you will
    have seen someone else do all the steps so you can talk intelligently about them).