Any good?

themaddogbn

Mar 17, 2010
Hi guys! Just got my hands on this baby, and hope you can tell me is it worth anything. Tried it once, and it goes ok, although not as good as newer bikes. Someone put MTB dérailleures (Deore and Alivio) on it:eek:
As i can see, frame is CrMO from 1993, in good condition.
Thanx!

Looks like a mix-mosh of a bike, can't tell what kind of cranks, derailleurs the bike has... but as long as it shifts, brakes, and fits you proper.. just ride it.. I would take off the Campy Delta brakes and sell them on eBay while they are worth $$, get some modren (much les expensive) dual pivot brakes that offer better braking performance.

themaddogbn said:
Hi guys! Just got my hands on this baby, and hope you can tell me is it worth anything. Tried it once, and it goes ok, although not as good as newer bikes. Someone put MTB dérailleures (Deore and Alivio) on it:eek:
As i can see, frame is CrMO from 1993, in good condition.
Thanx!

Buy IT !!!!!!!!!!!! I'tll be a nice riding frame

AND

Those are Campagnolo Delta Brakes on it. I've heard you can get lotsa money for em on e-bay etc., we're talking HUNDREDS if they're Record less if Chorus, collectors are nuts for them.

If you keep them you HAVE to adjust them so the pads are like 3-5 MM away from the rim for them to work right, or at all. They apply pressure progressively so if you mount them close you will get only PARTIAL braking pressure,(get the spec from Campy or a good mechanic working in the late '80s that remembers). You have to have the rim off to adj them and having a spacer the same size as your rim or a piece of rim makes it much easier. A lot of mechanics didn't know about the spacing at first so if you heard a guy yelling DELTAAAA in the pack/peleton you knew to get the hell outta his way !!!

Hmmm, thanx guys!
I also think its a good idea to get these deltas off the bike, and sell them. This way im only tempting thieves to steal it...
A friend offers me vintage Dura Ace components, so ill probably sell deltas, put Dura Ace and throw my parts to thrash :D