Any Ice Hockey Fans Out There?

Discussion in 'The Bike Cafe' started by House, Oct 11, 2005.

1. House

House Banned

Any of you cyclists from around the world also ice hockey fans? I am! I was born in St. Louis so I am a big Blues fan, learned how to play from members of the Blues who were family friends and played for my high school and college. Somehow as a little kid I als became a Montreal Canadiens fan. Where are you from and who is your team?

Tags:

2. eric_the_red

eric_the_red New Member

I live in Canada so it's pretty much mandatory to be a hockey fan, this feels like the season for the Canucks to win the Cup.

3. baj32161

baj32161 New Member

Well I live in New Jersey USA...soon to be moving to Canada. I grew up in New York as a NY Islanders fan...still love them. Since I moved here to Trenton NJ 25 years ago I have also become a Flyers fan....maikng me the only Islanders/Flyers fan I am aware of. Those 2 teams are supposed to hate each other. Interestingly however is the fact that our local ECHL team, the Trenton Titans are a Flyers/Islander affiliate. I love minor league hockey....great fun..players trying to make the big time....new arena....and only $17 for the best seat in the house....ya GOTTA love that!!!!

Cheers,

Brian

4. 3_days

3_days New Member

I played in college. My buddy still plays in the ECHL. A couple friends in the U-HauL and western pro and I'm still close with a bunch of Narch guys.

I watch a little NHL, but I kinda burnt out on it.

5. blue1

blue1 New Member

i'm not a hockey fan but I like to watch sometimes

6. RWBCustom

RWBCustom New Member

Love the sport..... but I live in timbucktoo as far as seeing an NHL game:mad:

The classic match ups are the best. The newer teams are starting to develope some good matchups too, but the good old day's bring fond memorys.

I'd like to see a Canadian team win the cup this year though.:)

7. snyper0311

snyper0311 New Member

Finally, a thread on the forum that doesn't involve doping, politics, or name calling.

I'm an Av's fan. I love hockey and couldn't wait for the strike to end. A great sport with controlled violence, just what we need to get through the day!

How does everyone feel about the new rules for the 06 season? About the only rule I don't like is the golie puck handling around the net. It's hard for me to watch golies get their hands tied.

Other than that, the Colorado Avalanche Rule!

8. rule62

rule62 New Member

Goeth Stars

9. House

House Banned

The new rules have really livened up the game. Very fast paced with a lot of good clean hits. I watch way too many games on Center Ice and the season is only a week old!

3_days- where did you play in college? What teams do your friends play for currently? I may be writing for a hockey website about the minors soon.

Where is everyone from? I see some people talking about not being in an NHL city but not saying where they are. I am surprised more non-North Americans haven't responded.

I'm happy the Blues beat the hated Hawks last night 4-1! Great game and my in-laws are from Chicago!

10. treker88

treker88 New Member

Wait! Outside of Canada hockey is still a sport!?!?!:eek:

11. eric_the_red

eric_the_red New Member

So far I like the new rules, more flow to the game and more scoring chances. It'll be interesting to see how long it lasts before the clutching and grabbing start. Don't know about the shoot-outs though.

And as for the Av's ruling, Bertuzzi's planning to fix that next weekend :D

12. House

House Banned

Betuzzi will be lucky to get out of that game without his face meeting a lot of fist.

13. eric_the_red

eric_the_red New Member

You're probably right. As the saying goes, "I went to a fight last night and a hockey game broke out"

14. House

House Banned

Bertuzzi is the chief punk on a team of punks![​IMG]

15. snyper0311

snyper0311 New Member

What Bertuzzi did to Steve Moore is BS but, "What comes around, goes around!" He's a marked man, and if the Av's don't get him, the fans sure will! That incident left Av's fans wanting blood!

One thing I like about this new season is the salary cap. It sure has leveled out the playing field. Watched the Av's play last night against Nashville and it was neat to see Correa again. I like the way he plays.

16. Fizzy23

Fizzy23 New Member

Go Sabres!!!!

17. obeeone

obeeone New Member

Cunuckleheads all the way. Born in England but lived in Vancouver for 21 years ( I now live in Chicago ) (go Blackhawks?). After spending twentysomehing years watching the Canucks wallow in the basement of mediocrity, I am sure that this year is their year to bring home the cup... GO CUNUCKS!

18. K50

K50 New Member

HAHAHA......Flames all the way baby...2004 Western Conference Champions!!
    Nevermind their current stats though lol....They'll get better. It's soo good to have NHL back again! It was a bit of a nice breather in some ways...the new rules kick ass, and the salary caps should definitely help out.

Boo-yah! See you on the Red Mile!!!