Any idea what bikes Astana will be using next year?

jojoma said:
I think they used BH a couple years ago, then BMC last year.
they might have a tough time getting a sponsor - I've got an old Mongoose I don't use anymore, maybe they could share that around.

jojoma said:
Maybe it will be Trek??
I would bet on Trek. Not having a team to show off there new bikes, especially now they have done a major design change by going compact.

jcjordan said:
I would bet on Trek. Not having a team to show off there new bikes, especially now they have done a major design change by going compact.
Now they look like copies of Giant frames. :mad: Compact, just say no. I used to recommend Trek and Cannondale to people who were getting into the sport because they have trad frame geometry and a large presence in bike shops.

Bro Deal said:
Now they look like copies of Giant frames. :mad: Compact, just say no. I used to recommend Trek and Cannondale to people who were getting into the sport because they have trad frame geometry and a large presence in bike shops.
I personally cant ride a compact frame, just find it to cramped and uncomfortable. But a friend who swears by compact reckons its not as nice as what most of the other brands are doing.

Bro Deal said:

Other than a sloping top tube, isn't the overall frame geometry identical to the old Madones?

kennf said:
Other than a sloping top tube, isn't the overall frame geometry identical to the old Madones?
Don't know, don't care. Compact frames are fugly. In a high end frame they are often a rip off, allowing manufacturers to produce fewer sizes.

Bro Deal said:
Don't know, don't care. Compact frames are fugly. In a high end frame they are often a rip off, allowing manufacturers to produce fewer sizes.
They'll be using motorbikes with icebox panniers as used by Disco and Postal to courier their blood in during the rest days.