Cycling Equipment · Public discussion

any info on Peckham cycles?

Started by autopi · · Last activity · 2 posts · 270 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Cycling Equipment
Published
23 October 2007
Last activity
24 October 2007
Original author
autopi
Posts
2
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
270
Views / 30 days
0
Topics

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–2 of 2
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I'm looking at an ebay auction for an old steel frame--the make is
    "Peckham." I can't seem to find any information about this make and
    was wondering if anyone here knows anything about these bikes? The URL
    is:

    http://tinyurl.com/2r9tht

    (Doesn't have fender eyelets and could probably benefit from being
    repainted, but seems like a pretty decent frame--though once you
    factor a respray in, maybe I'd be better off buying a Surly Pacer
    new...)

  2. Stephen Bauman said:
    autopi said:

    I'm looking at an ebay auction for an old steel frame--the make is
    "Peckham." I can't seem to find any information about this make and was
    wondering if anyone here knows anything about these bikes? The URL is:

    http://tinyurl.com/2r9tht

    (Doesn't have fender eyelets and could probably benefit from being
    repainted, but seems like a pretty decent frame--though once you factor
    a respray in, maybe I'd be better off buying a Surly Pacer new...)

    Frank Peckham is an avid cyclist who started building frames, when he
    retired as a machinist from Grumman Aircraft about 25 years ago....

    I would have expected an ex-Grumman employee to build bicycles out of
    bonded aluminium alloy.

    --
    Tom Sherman - Holstein-Friesland Bovinia
    Beer - It's not just for breakfast anymore!

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.