Any infos about this bike?

TheKenyer

Jul 5, 2018
So i recently bought this bike but i can't find any clear info about it. Here is it:[album=medium]279638[/album]

On the frame is : Giro
It's a vintage bike i'm sure.
Thanks for help :)

Since I can't see the picture of the bike I'm assuming it's a Bianchi Giro and not a Gios. Can I also assume that the frame is made of Easton Ultralite aluminum with Shimano 105? Or is an older 80's era that had a Columbus SL or SLX steel frame with Campy Victory or Triumph (I can't remember which) or if SLX it should have either the first generation of Campy C Record or Campy Athena components? I think there was a cheaper version of the same model too that had just standard Columbus steel frame (which was just renamed 4130 steel) and lower end Campy Nuovo Alloro? stuff that didn't operate all that well, but the frame was nice riding as was most 4130 frames; obviously this lower price model wouldn't be as collectible but the others would be accept for the aluminum one which isn't worth much used.

If the bike is a Gios again the vintage steel bikes and even the modern interpretation of the steel bike are fantastic bikes, but the Gios aluminum one not so much. But I won't go into a long detail of those because I think it's the Bianchi you have since the Gios are more difficult to find.

So if you can give us more of a detailed description like if it's a Bianchi or a Gios, what brand and model name appears on all the components, and what does the frame sticker say about the frame construction along with any letters, all of that would be a major help.

Reactions: TheKenyer
thanks for the pic but it doesn't show brand and model of bike, nor do I have any brand and model of the derailleurs, crank or brakes.

I looked for silver painted Bianchi Giro or a Gios and found none so I'm not sure if it's been repainted or it's a different brand, or someone repainted a different bike and slapped on decals that don't belong on the bike...yeah people do that. But not having seen every model of Bianchi or Gios (which I doubt it's that bike) ever made there may have been a silver one made. This I now know from the pic is that is a steel bike which if it's one of the two brands it makes it worth more than aluminum.

Anyway we need more info buddy if you want help. It does look very nice though from what I can tell in the picture lacking detail.