Any Kloden News?

cyclingheroes said:
At the same time there is this rumour in Germany that Klöden might sign with ...
That's what we need. Klodi would then get reasonable support at the Tour and Team Borat would not look so stacked. Hincapie could fall into his usual role of supporting other people instead of riding for himself even though his career is winding down and he does not have many chances left.

earth_dweller said:
The soap opera continues...

according to velo-club.net (which bases it story on an 'official' astana pr):

After statements made by Johan Bruyneel, the Astana Cycling team represented by the Swiss company Zeus Sàrl managed by Marc Biver felt compelled to rectify certain facts.
Zeus Sàrl never received the official termination of its contract, whose term runs to 2010, from the Kazakhstan Cycling Federation (FCK).

Totally false and outrageous statements with respect to the company Zeus Sàrl were made recently by Mr. Bruyneel. Zeus LLC can not be held responsible for the non-payment of salaries of its riders and its entire staff, since its funding comes solely from funds paid by the FCK. Funds that the latter refused to pay since September 2007.

This is the official pr of the Biver Astana (sorry no time to translate... and well my French is pretty bad anyway.... :D )

INFORMATION OFFICIELLE​

MI S E A U P O I N T D ’ A S T A N A C Y C L I NG T E AM​

Au vu des déclarations de M. Johan Bruyneel, Astana Cycling Team, représentée par la société helvétique Zeus Sàrl dirigée par M. Marc​
Biver, se doit de rectifier certains faits.​
Zeus Sàrl n’a jamais reçu la résiliation officielle de son contrat, dont la durée court jusqu’en 2010, de la part de la Fédération de Cyclisme du Kazakhstan (FCK).​
Des déclarations révoltantes et totalement mensongères à l’égard de la société Zeus Sàrl ont été faites récemment par M. Bruyneel. Zeus Sàrl ne peut pas être tenue pour responsable du non-paiement des salaires de ses coureurs et de tout son staff, puisque son financement émane uniquement des fonds versés par la FCK. Fonds que cette dernière se refuse de verser depuis le mois de septembre 2007. La FCK justifie son attitude par un manque des relations de confiance avec M. Marc Biver. Or, il semblerait bien plutôt que le refus de complaisance de M. Biver face à une politique sportive pour le moins ambiguë et une extrême rigueur dans la gestion de la société Zeus Sàrl​
soient à l’origine de cette rupture de confiance.​
Au vu de la situation, Zeus Sàrl a fait appel, en octobre dernier déjà auprès de l’Union Cycliste Internationale (UCI), de sa garantie bancaire, cette dernière permettant de verser les salaires en attente. Or, la garantie n’a toujours pas été levée à l’heure actuelle. Force est de constater ici que l’UCI n’applique pas son règlement. Enfin, dans le rapport de l’organe de révision officiel, Ernst & Young, datant du 31 août 2007 et auquel est soumis chaque équipe UCI ProTour en vue de l’obtention ou du renouvellement de sa licence,​
aucune remarque n’a été formulée sur la tenue des comptes et ces derniers ont été approuvés sans restriction.

Team Astana has announced its first two training camps, one this month in Europe to be followed by one next year in the United States, according to the Gazet van Antwerpen.

Seven riders will gather in Javea, Spain, from December 10 to 18: Levi Leipheimer, Chris Horner, Andreas Klöden, Aaron Kemps, Roman Kireyev, Berik Kupeshov and Andrey Zeits.

whiteboytrash said:
Team Astana has announced its first two training camps, one this month in Europe to be followed by one next year in the United States, according to the Gazet van Antwerpen..
They seem to promote the old recipe... Same methods they would probably not test positive.

guess that the training camp in New Mexico means that, as expected, Astana will be at Tour of California.

whiteboytrash said:
Team Astana has announced its first two training camps, one this month in Europe to be followed by one next year in the United States, according to the Gazet van Antwerpen.

Seven riders will gather in Javea, Spain, from December 10 to 18: Levi Leipheimer, Chris Horner, Andreas Klöden, Aaron Kemps, Roman Kireyev, Berik Kupeshov and Andrey Zeits.
Correct, but... the rumour mill is getting louder and louder that Klöden will leave the team and will sign with High Road...

cyclingheroes said:
Correct, but... the rumour mill is getting louder and louder that Klöden will leave the team and will sign with High Road...

Yes Jan's best mate will get signed for High Road........no chance...... the same guy who would have been sharing needles with the Sink and Jan ? not likely......

whiteboytrash said:
Yes Jan's best mate will get signed for High Road........no chance...... the same guy who would have been sharing needles with the Sink and Jan ? not likely......
Why not? They didn't have a problem to sign Valverde last year. The only problem was that Caisse did not want to agree with buying out Valverde.

cyclingheroes said:
Why not? They didn't have a problem to sign Valverde last year. The only problem was that Caisse did not want to agree with buying out Valverde.
I guess Kloeden is still a big draw in Germany and this would help Stapleton attract a big German sponsor?

cyclingheroes said:
Yes but its 1:0 for WBT: Klöden stays with Astana. He announced it today on his personal website:

http://www.andreas-kloeden.com/cms/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=95&Itemid=26

Thanks CH.... I get the feeling that Andres went around to see Johan to talk about getting out of his Astana contract..... Bruyneel's wife made them both a coffee as they talked.... After about 2 minutes Kloden said to Bruyneel "whats in this coffee ? - its strong **** !", Johan just smiled and laughed then Andres said "where do I sign !"......and the rest is history..... Kloden will win the Tour of Germany by 19 minutes and help Contador to win the Tour by 17 minutes... Levi will win the Tour of Spain and then they'll party at Vino's new sports center in Nice......

whiteboytrash said:
Thanks CH.... I get the feeling that Andres went around to see Johan to talk about getting out of his Astana contract..... Bruyneel's wife made them both a coffee as they talked.... After about 2 minutes Kloden said to Bruyneel "whats in this coffee ? - its strong **** !", Johan just smiled and laughed then Andres said "where do I sign !"......and the rest is history..... Kloden will win the Tour of Germany by 19 minutes and help Contador to win the Tour by 17 minutes... Levi will win the Tour of Spain and then they'll party at Vino's new sports center in Nice......
Nice is a rumour. Andreas said Vino will build a sports center in... Kazachstan

Klöden and Astana: http://www.cyclingheroes.info/id999.html

By the way: WBT I'll buy you a beer at Corones (if we manage to meet this time :D) for the 1:0...

cyclingheroes said:
Nice is a rumour. Andreas said Vino will build a sports center in... Kazachstan

Klöden and Astana: http://www.cyclingheroes.info/id999.html

By the way: WBT I'll buy you a beer at Corones (if we manage to meet this time :D) for the 1:0...

Ahhhh ok maybe they'll all head up to Switzerland and party like its 1999 with Jan... well I mean like its 1997... you know what I mean.... Bruyneel's wife will be a bouncer..... her looks are enough to scare away any UCI drug tester.......

Yep a beer on Corones will be good.... I'm bringing the bike this time so maybe a couple of hours out on the road around Brunico ? Mrs. WBT will be on her best behavior this time and let me out of the hotel.....

I'm currently in Slovenia doing some riding near the Julian Alps.... very cold but at least sunny.... great riding.....

whiteboytrash said:
Ahhhh ok maybe they'll all head up to Switzerland and party like its 1999 with Jan... well I mean like its 1997... you know what I mean.... Bruyneel's wife will be a bouncer..... her looks are enough to scare away any UCI drug tester.......

Yep a beer on Corones will be good.... I'm bringing the bike this time so maybe a couple of hours out on the road around Brunico ? Mrs. WBT will be on her best behavior this time and let me out of the hotel.....

I'm currently in Slovenia doing some riding near the Julian Alps.... very cold but at least sunny.... great riding.....
its posts like these that keep me coming back to CF :D :D :D