Any Look(3 bolt) compatible Mountain Bike shoes?

kw

Guest
Hello,

Does anyone know of a site that sells Mountain Bike shoes that are Look
compatible? I've checked specialized, performance, nashbar... All of em are
only SPD.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

<[email protected]> a écrit dans le message de :
news:[email protected]...
> Look is for roadies!!!! Try walking a trail in looks!!

The more I read these (not only your) comments about wallking in cycling
shoes, the more I am convinced there are a bunch of hapless riders,
incapable of fixing flats, overcoming a temporary mechanical, or simply so
lazy as not to be able to change shoes. Did you guys ever think that maybe
wearing cycling shoes relates to riding the bike, attached to the pedals ?
Don't stay attached !?!? Try Keds - flat soled. Can't keep the mech's
running right - spend money to get things fixed. Bread too many things ?
Re-examine you aptitude.

None of this gets in the way of using LOOK, Time or Shimano pedals.
Providing you like being on the bike. Other pedals (crank, speedplay,
etc) - fine, if that's your happy choice.

Sheesh !!!!!!
--
Sandy
Verneuil-sur-Seine FR

*******

La vie, c'est comme une bicyclette,
il faut avancer pour ne pas perdre l'équilibre.
-- Einstein, A.

kw wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Does anyone know of a site that sells Mountain Bike shoes that are
> Look compatible? I've checked specialized, performance, nashbar...
> All of em are only SPD.

Some of the cheaper Lake road shoes have lugged soles much like mtb shoes.

kw wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Does anyone know of a site that sells Mountain Bike shoes that are

Look
> compatible? I've checked specialized, performance, nashbar... All of

em are
> only SPD.
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Actually, Look's first off-road pedal (came out in the early 90s) had a
modified road cleat, and the shoes that went with them were walkable
but used the same bolt pattern as the road shoes. I can't remember
what these were called but they weren't very popular (the system was
heavy and very expensive, IIRC) but if you manage to find a pair they
can probably be had for cheap.

Maybe someone else here remembers the model number?

dianne_1234 wrote:
> Try inserting a couple of T-nuts as with the original look pedals. See
> photos of T-nuts here:
> http://images.google.com/images?q=T-nut&hl=en&lr=&rls=GGLD,GGLD:2004-24,GGLD:en&start=0&sa=N

Yes, agreed. Here's one installed:

http://www.yellowjersey.org/tocleat4.JPG

You may have to trim some shoe tread away but that's not too
difficult.

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org

kw wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Does anyone know of a site that sells Mountain Bike shoes that are
> Look compatible? I've checked specialized, performance, nashbar...
> All of em are only SPD.
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated!

My Sidi MTB shoes have the holes and even came with a set of Look cleats.

Matt O.

>Hello,
>Does anyone know of a site that sells Mountain Bike shoes that are Look
>compatible? I've checked specialized, performance, nashbar... All of em are
>only SPD.
>Any help would be greatly appreciated!

If by mountain bike shoes you mean shoes that you can walk in, then today may
be your lucky day. If you wear a US size 7 1/2, I have a set of look sneakers.
These were sold by look way back when the look pedals had just come out. Drop
me an email if you have interested.
-------------
Alex

kw wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Does anyone know of a site that sells Mountain Bike shoes that are
> Look compatible? I've checked specialized, performance, nashbar...
> All of em are only SPD.
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Also check out Price Point. I just saw a {brand escapes me} that had a very
lugged sole, much like the Lake ones I suggested earlier.

Bill S.