Any Maritimers hereabouts?

Discussion in 'The Bike Cafe' started by rolfdevinci, Oct 6, 2004.

1. rolfdevinci

rolfdevinci New Member

Just kinda curious if we got any Atlantic Canadians as members of the forums?

What about Nova Scotians in particular?

Tags:

2. TKOS

TKOS New Member

I just joined yesterday (the 6th of Oct). I am from Nova Scotia, just outside of Halifax. Where are you from?

3. rolfdevinci

rolfdevinci New Member

I`m in Clayton Park.....Halifax`s west end. Whatcha ride...road, MTB or both?

4. tmccall

tmccall New Member

Also a Nova Scotian, living just outside Halifax in Eastern Passage/Cow Bay. Ride road and mountain. Use the bike to get back and forth to work as much as possible - if it ain't snowin' I'm on the bike.

5. Brunswick_kate

Brunswick_kate New Member

Brunswick Kate, as you might guess does not reside in the Garden of Eden (originally of Pictou Co. heritage) but is in New Brunswick. Fredericton to be exact.

6. carcajou

carcajou New Member

I lived in Nova Scotia from the time I was 4 until I was 28...and I almost lost my life in Garden Of Eden Lake...when I was 2 or just under...late at night, raining, car slid into lake, I flew out of a window...my father was able to find me before I drowned. Small world!

http://photobucket.com/albums/v425/smorgdonkey/

I now live in Alberta and you can check out some of the riding territory out here at that link.

7. The Genie

The Genie New Member

Hi there. I'm in the Moncton area. A life long resident. ;)

8. rolfdevinci

rolfdevinci New Member

Cool....another Easterner. Whatcha ride....road, MTB or other? :)

9. The Genie

The Genie New Member

Road. This was my first summer doing any amount of distance. My boyfriend, a couple of our friends and I went out frequently going all around Albert County. There are a few hills to contend with there. :cool:

10. rolfdevinci

rolfdevinci New Member

Excellent....we have a few hills hereabouts as well...lol. :D Third year on the road bike for myself. My first year I did the same thing....just logged some milage and enjoyed the countryside.

Actually got a ride in last weekend....wow...not usually something that happens in December. Lets hope for a late winter and an early Spring.

Ciao.

11. The Genie

The Genie New Member

Haven't been outside with the bike since Halloween. I'm a bit wimpy about colder weather. The boyfriend is still riding, though. Plans to ride all winter.
    Nowadays, I just spin on it inside and watch tv for a while. My bike won't see the outdoors again until April.

12. rolfdevinci

rolfdevinci New Member

Yeah...my bike sees the trainer more than the outside as well. Gawd....how I hate riding inside. :(