Any news when the Garmin Edge will be upgraded?

Thom_y

Aug 16, 2006
While I'm intrigued about the Garmin Edge 305, there are a few issues that make me hesitate to buy it. I'm sure future versions will feature the ability to project maps, do limited navigation and will improve reliability of speed/cadence pickup, plus deal with battery issues etc. Plus, I would hope they will ditch the monochrome display and add color. Does anyone have any idea when they are planning to upgrade the computer ?

Thom_y said:
While I'm intrigued about the Garmin Edge 305, there are a few issues that make me hesitate to buy it. I'm sure future versions will feature the ability to project maps, do limited navigation and will improve reliability of speed/cadence pickup, plus deal with battery issues etc. Plus, I would hope they will ditch the monochrome display and add color. Does anyone have any idea when they are planning to upgrade the computer ?
I hear they are looking into integrating some sort of power meter in the future. I have no idea when but I hear that is in the works.

I do not know when they might upgrade the hardware (check out Motionbased for that) but I am still waiting for Mac support. They said end of 2006, well now we are at the end of 2006. I hope they come up with it soon.

Are you looking for a specific feature that is not there? I think 305 is a great computer. I have owned since May and I think it is well worth the money we paid for it. It has a few small issues (the biggest issue people raise is the battery life, but I have never had a problem with that. On long rides I carry a power source to top it up just in case, but like I said never needed it yet.), overall it just works. I'd recommend it.