Any of You Do Trikes -- in A Metro Area, Too??

GaryG wrote:

> Because I hope to never ride a tricycle.
>
> Why would I want to ride something that's heavy and slow, when a 2-wheeled
> bike is so much faster, and more fun?

I think most of those who've ridden both would say the trike is more fun.

Rich

In article <[email protected]>, GaryG
([email protected]) wrote:
> "NYC XYZ" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> >
> > GaryG wrote:
> > >

> > > Are those "girls" about 5 years old? Or, are they closer to 85? Those

> seem
> > > to be the typical ages for females interested in tricycles.
> > >
> > > GG

> > That too!
> >
> > But why did you say "hell no" so vociferously for?
> >

> Because I hope to never ride a tricycle.
>
> Why would I want to ride something that's heavy and slow, when a 2-wheeled
> bike is so much faster, and more fun?

Just wait until you come round a downhill corner at 70 km/h and find the
road ahead covered in Skog(tm). That extra wheel suddenly becomes
/very/ attractive.

Electricity comes from other planets.

GaryG wrote:

> Because I hope to never ride a tricycle.
>
> Why would I want to ride something that's heavy and slow, when a 2-wheeled
> bike is so much faster, and more fun?

How do you know it's more fun if you haven't been on a trike?

Now, personally I prefer bikes too for the most part, but slamming one's
thigh into icy tarmac on a frosty morning is very distinctly *not* fun,
but not really an issue on a trike. The fastest time set for the UK's
Land's End to John O' Groats end to route was set on a trike: fast and
fun enough for you?

And until you've done right angle handbrake turns on a trike with
left/right brakes and the rider over the paired wheels I wouldn't make
/too/ many assumption that speed is all there is to fun.

Pete.
--
Peter Clinch Medical Physics IT Officer
Fax 44 1382 640177 Dundee DD1 9SY Scotland UK

Rich wrote:
> GaryG wrote:
>
> > Because I hope to never ride a tricycle.
> >
> > Why would I want to ride something that's heavy and slow, when a 2-wheeled
> > bike is so much faster, and more fun?

> I think most of those who've ridden both would say the trike is more fun.

I find riding a trike much more relaxing since one can run over things
such as railroad tracks and through loose chip seal without paying
attention to balance. However, the trike lacks the connected feel one
has on a bicycle (especially a lowracer) since it does not steer (to
any noticeable extent) with upper body weight shift.

The difficult part is remembering to stay clipped-in when stopping on
the trike. ;)

--
Tom Sherman

"NYC XYZ" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> Edward Dolan wrote:
>>

>> The women are being dragged along by their husbands. They would rather be
>> home cooking and housecleaning and going to church like all good women
>> should. If I were a woman, I would know how to treat my husband and he
>> would
>> be in the business of pleasing me, not me him.

> Nah, give me a ***** any time, a ***** with a heart of gold and organs
> of fire. A woman was made for sex; a man was made for work.

Well, yes and no! First of all, you will never in his world find a *****
with a heart of gold. They only exist in Hollywood movies and on the
Broadway stage. The fact is, every man would like to marry a ***** provided
she only be a ***** with him. But they never are. That is the problem and it
leads to nothing but murder and mayhem.

I recommend that NYC get himself down to his local synagogue and pick some
nice Jewish girl there. After all, life is long and our fancies are short.

Old Navy joke: What is the difference between a **** and a *****? A ****
will have sex with anyone and a ***** will have sex with anyone except me!

Also, not all men are made for work. However, most men would be well advised
to devote their lives to it as it will keep them out of mischief. Only Great
Ones like Myself can ever rise above the necessity for work. Mr. Sherman for
instance is pure drudgery whereas Mr. Dolan is pure Essence of Being. Mr.
Sherman is bogged down in material things whereas Mr. Dolan is bogged down
in immaterial things. I sometimes question who has the more difficult life.

>> You will normally see more women on organized group week long tours
>> because
>> they will be safe on such types of bike rides. Woman who go out on the
>> road
>> on their own are slightly crazy. They seem not to know what monsters we
>> men
>> are.

> The sexes do seem to soften one another, ironically enough. Women can
> be harder than steel itself when left alone.

Women are very good for men, but I question how good men are for women. Even
when women are being "hard" they are not murderers. Murder lurks just under
the surface of all men. We men are killer apes at heart.

I should have been a pair of ragged claws
Scuttling across the floors of silent seas.

T.S. Eliot - The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

Edward Dolan wrote:

> Nope! You are thinking romantically, not realistically. If you had a
> prostitute for a wife, I guarantee you that you would end up murdering her -
> or maybe her you. That is the way it goes, except in Hollywood movies and
> Broadway stage plays of course.

Hell, love is the triumph of imagination over intellect, anyway. But I
don't expect to wind up with a *****, truth be told -- I don't know
where I'd meet one! All I was saying is that I wouldn't mind that fact
itself. But it's a moot point in any case.

> Sounds like something that Kipling might have written, minus the 'ass of
> empire' reference of course. Not sure about that 'middle finger of infantry'
> either.

Not sure what you don't get about a middle finger...?!

> Regards,
>
> Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
> aka
> Saint Edward the Great - Order of the Perpetual Sorrows - Minnesota

"NYC XYZ" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> Edward Dolan wrote:
>>

>> Nope! You are thinking romantically, not realistically. If you had a
>> prostitute for a wife, I guarantee you that you would end up murdering
>> her -
>> or maybe her you. That is the way it goes, except in Hollywood movies and
>> Broadway stage plays of course.

> Hell, love is the triumph of imagination over intellect, anyway. But I
> don't expect to wind up with a *****, truth be told -- I don't know
> where I'd meet one! All I was saying is that I wouldn't mind that fact
> itself. But it's a moot point in any case.

Maybe not so moot if you can even entertain the idea, however briefly. I
certainly do agree with you about love being the triumph of imagination over
intellect. Hell, I couldn't have said that better myself.

>> Sounds like something that Kipling might have written, minus the 'ass of
>> empire' reference of course. Not sure about that 'middle finger of
>> infantry'
>> either.

> Not sure what you don't get about a middle finger...?!

I am telling you that Kipling would not have written that, nor the 'ass of
empire' bit. Other than that, it could almost have been written by Kipliing.

Edward Dolan wrote:

> NYC, I worry about your immortal soul.

Please don't bother. I don't have one. I look forward to rejoining
the great cosmic background radiation soon.

> It is never ONLY sex.

Well, I didn't mean "just" in the sense of "solely," but in the sense
of "no big deal," like the customary cup of coffee each morning,
something everyone should have regularly if they like.

> Next to how an
> animal feeds is how it reproduces (sex). These are the two most important
> things that any animal ever does on this earth.

I'm not even going to untangle the warren of assumptions in that one.

> I hope I will not have not have to refer you to the Spanish Inquisition in
> order to save your immortal soul.

Recumbents suck!!! You're all idiots!!!! Hummers rule, baby!!!!!

> Forget about ethnic exotics. You are doomed to wed a good skinny Jewish girl
> who will make you very happy.

Oh, well, I could settle for extreme happiness, yes.

> All the brown and black chubbies in the world
> will not excuse you from your duties as a Jew in this world of woe.

ROTFLMFAO!!!! Are you the ARBR Rabbi??? Though, interestingly, my
father's from a small village, known for its lychees, where half of the
folks are our relatives, outside the former Imperial Capital of
Kaifeng, in modern Henan Province, which had many synagogues in its
haydays, and he's circumcised -- ouch!

> Always
> follow your duty and forget about pleasure. Pleasure is fleeting while duty
> goes on forever.

I do agree that while pain is temporary, pride is forever -- but
pleasure complements logic, informs logic, much as the man, being head
of the house, is turned by his wife, the neck of the house.

> Thus spake Zarathustra.

Heil dir Sonne, heil dir Wind!

Edward Dolan wrote:

> Maybe not so moot if you can even entertain the idea, however briefly. I
> certainly do agree with you about love being the triumph of imagination over
> intellect. Hell, I couldn't have said that better myself.

Neither could I. Oscar Wilde went on to add that second marriage is
the triumph of hope over experience.

> I am telling you that Kipling would not have written that, nor the 'ass of
> empire' bit. Other than that, it could almost have been written by Kipliing.

Oh, I don't know. Wasn't Kipling rather proud of the cockney tommy of
low repute who built the Raj? I think in one of his poems he used the
word "blooming."

Edward Dolan the Grate wrote:
> I hope I will not have not have to refer you to the Spanish Inquisition in
> order to save your immortal soul....

I didn't expect a kind of Spanish Inquisition!

--
Tom Sherman

"NYC XYZ" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> Edward Dolan wrote:
>>

>> Maybe not so moot if you can even entertain the idea, however briefly. I
>> certainly do agree with you about love being the triumph of imagination
>> over
>> intellect. Hell, I couldn't have said that better myself.

> Neither could I. Oscar Wilde went on to add that second marriage is
> the triumph of hope over experience.

Yes, I knew it was too good to not come from someone like Wilde. I consider
Oscar Wilde one of the greatest wits who ever lived. And it is why I never
attempt wit myself. After all, a man has got to know his limitations.

>> I am telling you that Kipling would not have written that, nor the 'ass
>> of
>> empire' bit. Other than that, it could almost have been written by
>> Kipliing.

> Oh, I don't know. Wasn't Kipling rather proud of the cockney tommy of
> low repute who built the Raj? I think in one of his poems he used the
> word "blooming."

I used to enjoy reading Kipling when I was a kid, but he has fallen out of
favor. The empire that the English built was perhaps the most benign empire
ever in the entire history of man on this earth. We Americans will never be
able to accomplish anything so magnificent. We lack the will to rule and
have no staying power at all.

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

"NYC XYZ" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> Edward Dolan wrote:
>>

>> NYC, I worry about your immortal soul.

> Please don't bother. I don't have one. I look forward to rejoining
> the great cosmic background radiation soon.
>
>> It is never ONLY sex.

> Well, I didn't mean "just" in the sense of "solely," but in the sense
> of "no big deal," like the customary cup of coffee each morning,
> something everyone should have regularly if they like.

Well, that is where you have got it most awfully wrong. Sex is never casual
to women. It seems that it is to homos though - which is just another reason
for not liking them.

More crimes have been committed over sex than almost anything else (except
money of course). It is like playing with dynamite. Anyone who thinks it is
like having a cup of coffee is severely impaired mentally and emotionally -
and will end up in an asylum for lunatics sooner or later. I believe I will
have to refer you to the Spanish Inquisition after all. They will straighten
you out.

>> Next to how an
>> animal feeds is how it reproduces (sex). These are the two most important
>> things that any animal ever does on this earth.

> I'm not even going to untangle the warren of assumptions in that one.

Nope, think about it for a moment. In a state of nature, those are the only
two things that matter. One has to do with the survival of the individual
and the other has to do with the survival of the species. It is only
civilization that makes it possible for us to have other things on our
minds.

>> I hope I will not have not have to refer you to the Spanish Inquisition
>> in
>> order to save your immortal soul.

> Recumbents suck!!! You're all idiots!!!! Hummers rule, baby!!!!!
>
>> Forget about ethnic exotics. You are doomed to wed a good skinny Jewish
>> girl
>> who will make you very happy.

> Oh, well, I could settle for extreme happiness, yes.
>
>> All the brown and black chubbies in the world
>> will not excuse you from your duties as a Jew in this world of woe.

> ROTFLMFAO!!!! Are you the ARBR Rabbi??? Though, interestingly, my
> father's from a small village, known for its lychees, where half of the
> folks are our relatives, outside the former Imperial Capital of
> Kaifeng, in modern Henan Province, which had many synagogues in its
> haydays, and he's circumcised -- ouch!

I am assuming you are a secular Jew, one who has fallen away from your
religion. New York City seems to be full of these types. If that is true,
you will never hear the end of it from me. A Jew who has abandoned his
religion is anathema to me. Of course, fallen away Catholics are legion and
nothing to get excited about. But religion defines the Jew. Not to stand by
your religion marks you as a traitor to your people and an object of scorn
to the rest of us.

>> Always
>> follow your duty and forget about pleasure. Pleasure is fleeting while
>> duty
>> goes on forever.

> I do agree that while pain is temporary, pride is forever -- but
> pleasure complements logic, informs logic, much as the man, being head
> of the house, is turned by his wife, the neck of the house.

What is this pleasure you speak of?

>> Thus spake Zarathustra.

> Heil dir Sonne, heil dir Wind!

I have never figured out why worship of the Sun is not the universal
religion of all mankind. After all, life would not be possible without the
light and the heat from the Sun.

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

"Edward Dolan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> [...]

> > ROTFLMFAO!!!! Are you the ARBR Rabbi??? Though, interestingly, my
> > father's from a small village, known for its lychees, where half of the
> > folks are our relatives, outside the former Imperial Capital of
> > Kaifeng, in modern Henan Province, which had many synagogues in its
> > haydays, and he's circumcised -- ouch!

> I am assuming you are a secular Jew, one who has fallen away from your
> religion. New York City seems to be full of these types. If that is true,
> you will never hear the end of it from me. A Jew who has abandoned his
> religion is anathema to me. Of course, fallen away Catholics are legion

and
> nothing to get excited about. But religion defines the Jew. Not to stand

by
> your religion marks you as a traitor to your people and an object of scorn

It also marks one as rational and thoughful. Check out this site for a
well-written alternative to the dogmatic "faith before reason" point of

http://whydoesgodhateamputees.com/

> >> Always
> >> follow your duty and forget about pleasure. Pleasure is fleeting while
> >> duty
> >> goes on forever.

> > I do agree that while pain is temporary, pride is forever -- but
> > pleasure complements logic, informs logic, much as the man, being head
> > of the house, is turned by his wife, the neck of the house.

> What is this pleasure you speak of?
>
> >> Thus spake Zarathustra.

> > Heil dir Sonne, heil dir Wind!

> I have never figured out why worship of the Sun is not the universal
> religion of all mankind. After all, life would not be possible without the
> light and the heat from the Sun.

The Sun was one of many "gods" that mankind has invented and worshipped over
the centuries. Perhaps it fell out of favor when warring tribes needed to
invoke a god who would be useful in smiting their enemies and committing
acts of genocide upon them. The sun warms all equally, so it's not terribly
useful as an agent of conquest.

GG

Edward Dolan wrote:
> ...I believe I will have to refer you to the Spanish Inquisition after all. They will
> straighten you out....

[JARRING CHORD]

Cardinal Ximinez : NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition! Our chief
weapon is surprise!

....Surprise and fear...fear and surprise.... Our two weapons are fear
and surprise...and ruthless efficiency.... Our three weapons are fear,
and surprise, and ruthless efficiency...and an almost fanatical
devotion to the Pope.... Our four...no...

Tom Sherman

Johnny Sunset aka Tom Sherman wrote:

> I didn't expect a kind of Spanish Inquisition!
>
> --
> Tom Sherman

Latina mamicitas can ask anything of me, anything. They travel the
world on their backs. Seven million years of evolution in an instant.
Everything you've ever desired and feared in a female, the good the bad
and the ugly, the beautiful and the damned.

Just take a bike tour of the Bronx in summertime and tell me if you
don't get whip-lash from all the different shapes and colors and sizes
and sounds and smells and attitudes. Wow. Pure sex. Are they
heavenly...or hot as hell?

NYC XYZ wrote:
> Johnny Sunset aka Tom Sherman wrote:
>

>>I didn't expect a kind of Spanish Inquisition!
>>
>>--
>>Tom Sherman

> Latina mamicitas can ask anything of me, anything. They travel the
> world on their backs. Seven million years of evolution in an instant.
> Everything you've ever desired and feared in a female, the good the bad
> and the ugly, the beautiful and the damned.
>
> Just take a bike tour of the Bronx in summertime and tell me if you
> don't get whip-lash from all the different shapes and colors and sizes
> and sounds and smells and attitudes. Wow. Pure sex. Are they
> heavenly...or hot as hell?

I can one up you on that easily. Go to Los Angeles and ride the bike
trail along the beaches on a July Saturday or Sunday and all the micro
bikinis on all the babes there will make you fall off the bike,
repeatedly. Or you can just stop and drool, er watch a female volleyball
game. Been there, done that, no comparison.
Bill

NYC XYZ wrote:
> Homos are creepy....

I agree that **** sapiens are creepy. No other species take enjoyment
in being deliberately cruel.

--
Tom Sherman - Behind the Cheddar Curtain

Johnny Sunset aka Tom Sherman wrote:

> I agree that **** sapiens are creepy. No other species take enjoyment
> in being deliberately cruel.
>
> --
> Tom Sherman - Behind the Cheddar Curtain

Speaking of which, it's a real puzzle why evolution hasn't selected out
gays. The current theory is that they help protect siblings; they
themselves won't reproduce, but given our social nature they will help
see their siblings' offspring off to a good start, etc. Basically,
they're evolutionary support troops.

Or maybe gay apes really knew how to groom for lice?

"GaryG" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> "Edward Dolan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...

[...]
>> I am assuming you are a secular Jew, one who has fallen away from your
>> religion. New York City seems to be full of these types. If that is true,
>> you will never hear the end of it from me. A Jew who has abandoned his
>> religion is anathema to me. Of course, fallen away Catholics are legion

> and
>> nothing to get excited about. But religion defines the Jew. Not to stand

> by
>> your religion marks you as a traitor to your people and an object of
>> scorn
>> to the rest of us.

> It also marks one as rational and thoughful. Check out this site for a
> well-written alternative to the dogmatic "faith before reason" point of
>
> http://whydoesgodhateamputees.com/

[...]

Gary, I am too lazy to ever go to a link and read anything that I haven't
written myself.

However, being rational and thoughtful has nothing to do with sticking by
your religion and your tradition. For the Jew, that is one and the same
thing. The Jew abandons his religion at his peril. It is the one thing that
has ensured his survival down through the millennia. Why is the Jew still
with us and not the Philistine? The answer is a religion based on a Book.
The Word is very powerful indeed, especially when it is written down.

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

On 26 Feb 2006 20:34:54 -0800, "NYC XYZ" <[email protected]>
wrote:

>Johnny Sunset aka Tom Sherman wrote:
>>

>> I agree that **** sapiens are creepy. No other species take enjoyment
>> in being deliberately cruel.
>>
>> --
>> Tom Sherman - Behind the Cheddar Curtain

>Speaking of which, it's a real puzzle why evolution hasn't selected out
>gays. The current theory is that they help protect siblings; they
>themselves won't reproduce, but given our social nature they will help
>see their siblings' offspring off to a good start, etc. Basically,
>they're evolutionary support troops.
>
>Or maybe gay apes really knew how to groom for lice?

I seem to recall a study where incident of homosexuality in rats
increase with overcrowded population.

Indiana Mike