Any Older Guys Remember Brc Bikes?

biobrandedarmorzet

Jun 13, 2015
After a few too many years off, I pulled my old bike down from the garage rafters and blew the cobwebs off. I gave it a little tune up, and it's back on the road.

I bought the bike about 15 years ago, and I've put tons of miles on it through the years. However, I was looking around on the web, and couldn't find any information on the manufacturer. The bike is a BRC 'ripper', and as I recall was supposed to be a pretty good bike at the time.

Is the company now defunct, or were they bought out by someone else, or???

Thanks for any information.

I have resently bought a BRC Harrier from a church flea market and i cannot find any information on it either it has a store location addres on the bike 3114 highland blvd, North Vancouver but the store is now a produce store.

If you have any extra info on the bikes plz send back a letter.

It's Canadian.

It's old.

The only place you find them for sale is flea markets, yard sales and craigslist.

What more is there to know?

WOW, bikes older than my stuff-AMAZING! If it rides, its all good. Go work up a sweat. You'll be better for the effort.

Worked for Boyes & Rosser as a student, summers 1976-9. Shop/warehouse was in Coquitlam BC; Stuart Boyes must be long gone by now, he was an old-style Empire-type businessman, had the demeanor of a retired military officer; I quite respected him. Guys like that put a lot of dinners on a lot of tables, paid my way thru Univ. The going joke was "who's Rosser?" - "the guy on the carton" (a 1950s b&w bike racer logo), we never knew. He had a coule of guys who knew what they were doing, an old wheelwright "Percy" who I recall breaking up fights between the young bucks, amazingly. He had a M/C division downtown New Westminster as well; in addition to bikes we carried pretty much everything you'd find in sporting goods at MEC nowadays. It was us vs. CCM vs. Gitane & Raleigh imports at the time; ours were coming in from Korea by '78.

My other half found a boyes rosser cruiser at a second hand store ($35). He says it is the most comfortable bike he has ever ridden, and our search to see if we could find me one, too, led us here. This is the most info we found on it, period! Do you know if there are ways of tracking them down? (Other than a lot of legwork and luck ) The other boyes rosser's we tracked down are mostly BMX's in museums.

Never heard of Boyes & Rosser!
Did some resaech, now I want one.
Just scoured the local adds and there isn't one to be found at all.
I am going to add BRC too my list of bike manufacturers to keep an eye out for.
Right now that list only has Steve Baur and Nishiki

I worked at Boyes and Rosser in the 70's, first as shipper then salesman on the road for a few years then as manager of the bicycle division. I left the company in '76. We were importers that had bicycles built to specs of Mr. Boyes' choosing. He also imported Peugeot from France, Grazziella and Amica from Italy and Phillips from England. Mr. Boyes was instrumental in getting laws passed to allow people to ride 50cc and under motorcycles in BC without a drivers license.