Any one but Ras!

wolfix said:
Explain....... You need to tell us how you come to that conclusion. Tell us which Disco/US Postal riders have been convicted while at either team. Tell us which Disco riders were attached to OP while riding for Disco.
Because they are the most high profile team in the peloton the last 9 years and have little controversy except for undocumented allegations , that really makes them one of the cleanest cycling teams.
cmon wolfix, be honest. 'undocumented allegations"? are you kidding me? if anything, disco is the most successful at PR for you to say they are "one of the cleanest cycling teams".

In the back of my mind, the issue of doping will always linger. I can be intellectually honest about peds while still rooting and wanting to beleive in my favored riders. Ulle probably doped, kessler is probably guilty, kloden is guilty by association. see, I can say that and still be a huge fan. I just dont understand why disco fanatics and LA apostles cant do the same thing. it is just annoying to read. respectfully :)

Bro Deal said:
If I were a lowlife shitweasel like Ras who had tried to trick a friend into internationally smuggling dope for me, I don't think I would be too surprised at the consequences.
That's right, its an impossibility that this "friend" (who has just got more airtime than he could have ever gottten on his own merit) is a lowlife shitweasel.

And if my "friend" had did what this guy says Ras did, I think I would have done something about it then in 2002, especially if I was so concerned about cheating like this guy claims to be.

Who is the shitweasel, that is what we need to know, you assume it is Ras, I'm not assuming things, when a man's career and reputation or on the line.

Klodifan said:
cmon wolfix, be honest. 'undocumented allegations"? are you kidding me? if anything, disco is the most successful at PR for you to say they are "one of the cleanest cycling teams".
The statistics show me to be correct. Allegations mean nothing . Of course Disco doped. But they were not the dirtiest. That is a stupid comment for the poster to make. T-Mobile is "proven" to be the most dishonest team in cycling.

Anyone that didn't automatically assume that JU and Zabel doped does not know cycling history. They were East Germans which automatically put a needle in their arm before the baby pacifier was taken out. And I say this with Zabel being my favorite current rider. It's impossisble for a former East German "not" to cheat. JU was my favorite rider in the TDF's against Lance through2004 until I realized that JU was really a rather stupid and lazy rider. And I am being kind.

The allegations against Raz should not have even been printed concerning the shoebox of blood. I am disappointed that Velonews printed that story without proof. It would be expected of walsh, but not a reputable website. The allegations were not provable , they were years ago and it is a matter of "he said so." The PHD of the associate means nothing. In my town last month they busted a prominant doctor with over a million dollors of meth. When I ran a nightclub for several years the doctors that came in were the biggest coke heads we had come in So..........He had a PHD, big deal.
So it is wrong for the TDF to act upon Raz. I will say also they over reacted towards Basso/JU an others last year too, even though the allegations proved correct.

saluki said:
So no rider can ever have any credibility. They all ride for teams that have hired dopers or have DS's that are known to have been dopers. With your attitude, why are you hanging around a cycling forum. Why not go watch bowling?
I'll qoute myself in response to this.

K'Ching said:
It might not have been proven, just like they couldn't prove OJ killed his wife. He refused to give a DNA sample which would have cleared him immediately, had he been innocent. No one believed Basso was clean. When Discovery then goes and hires him afterwards, it really is the same as saying "on our team you can dope all you want".

And I agree that all teams who hire known dopers are making a mistake and sending a bad signal, but this one was exceptional. They obviously hired a dirty rider to win the tour for them, and didn't even care. I don't see how any discovery-rider can now have any credibility. I thought hiring Basso would have been suicide for Discovery. The other teams are at least giving the impression that they are trying to fight doping. Discovery are giving the impression that they don't care.

Now, I'm one of those people who doesn't really care who dopes (I think they all do it), but I would find it ridiculous if they pulled Rasmussen and gave the win to Contador.

All Ras has to do is show his passport and open to the pages where the Mexico immigration stamped his entry and his departure and he can certainly take them to court.

I bet he'll say he lost his passport though or it was stolen by the conspiracy team.

;)

JAPANic said:
All Ras has to do is show his passport and open to the pages where the Mexico immigration stamped his entry and his departure and he can certainly take them to court.
I bet he'll say he lost his passport though or it was stolen by the conspiracy team.
;)
Unlucky he is, his stolen phone received call in Italy, but the thief send it him back. And it's the same for it's credit card used on the road between Denmark and Italy,...

JAPANic said:
All he would have to do is say that someone with a Disco team kit stole it , and he would have the majority of posters here screaming the "chickens" innocence. It's a frameup!!!!!!!!!