Any one else doing Deer Creek this Sunday?

Billx

Guest
Good luck to everyone doing this race on Sunday in Ohio. With the exception of water temperature
(maybe 65F) race conditions should be near ideal.

On 6/4/03 7:28 PM, "BillX" <[email protected]> wrote:

> Good luck to everyone doing this race on Sunday in Ohio. With the exception of water temperature
> (maybe 65F) race conditions should be near ideal.

See you there.

This is by my first time in water this cold. Will it be jsut the first shock or will I be freezing
my A$$ off the whole time. I do have a longjohn wetsuit, I hope that helps a little.

Ron

On 6/4/03 7:39 PM, in article, "Ron" <[email protected]> wrote:

> This is by my first time in water this cold. Will it be jsut the first shock or will I be freezing
> my A$$ off the whole time. I do have a longjohn wetsuit, I hope that helps a little.
>
> Ron

Your long john will help a lot.

I swam there yesterday with a full suit and was actually quite comfortable.

I'd guess with a long john your arms will be cold, but I would describe it as just chilly - not
freezing. My guess is that once the race starts, you'll forget all about it.

In fact, after being there yesterday, I'm considering using my long john instead of my full suit
(for ease of removal). Does that make you feel any better?

John

Thanks for the info. I am hoping for 100 degree temps until sunday.

Ron

"John Hardt" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:BB03FD16.10DB%[email protected]...
> On 6/4/03 7:39 PM, in article, "Ron" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > This is by my first time in water this cold. Will it be jsut the first shock or will I be
> > freezing my A$$ off the whole time. I do have a
longjohn
> > wetsuit, I hope that helps a little.
> >
> > Ron
> >

> Your long john will help a lot.
>
> I swam there yesterday with a full suit and was actually quite
comfortable.

> I'd guess with a long john your arms will be cold, but I would describe it as just chilly - not
> freezing. My guess is that once the race starts, you'll forget all about it.
>
> In fact, after being there yesterday, I'm considering using my long john instead of my full suit
> (for ease of removal). Does that make you feel
any
> better?
>
> John

I heard a few ice bergs where spotted on the course. Have you seen the movie Titanic ;-) ?

Seriously, the air temp. is going to be warm on Sunday (morning low in the 60's with highs in the
80's) so the cold water shouldn't be a problem... at least not for anyone in a wetsuit.

news:[email protected]...