Any one understand mountain bikes did I win a good deal off ebay ?

jamieuk23 said:
Kind of like the gayest reply ever

Not really, if you're worried about weather something is a good deal or not, asking before you buy would make more sense.

jamieuk23 said:
Bought it with out knowing much about it lol, Its just to get to the hym and work a few days a week

is it a decent bike for the price ?

26" Mountain bike on eBay (end time 16-Dec-09 14:47:24 GMT)
I'm really not a MTB expert, but I think that you got a pretty good deal on the bike. Shimano Acera is a pretty decent drivetrain. However, I also think that you didn't really buy the right bike for your application. The bike that you purchased is more for use on unimproved wilderness trails, not really suited for use as a commuter. I am only assuming that you are going to be riding on the roads to your destination. If so, a hard tail MTB(no suspension), a dedicated commuter bike, or a road bike would be a better choice. A lot of the energy that you put into pedalling will be absorbed by the suspension. The big fat off-road tires will give you increased rolling resistance. Now if you are riding to your destinations off road, it is probably a good bike for that, but if you are riding on the road, I would suggest that you go to your LBS and get a set of hybrid tires for your bike, and then do a little more research and start looking for a bike that is more suitable for riding on the road.