Any one up for a bike ride??????

Originally Posted by BHOFM .

About 8am:

About 9am:

Totals in the area near 30".

After the constant onslaught of storms thus far I am happy that this one is not headed up the east coast. That is one heck of a snow fall in one hour. Good luck digging out!

Looks more like Minnesota than Arkansas. /img/vbsmilies/smilies/eek.gif

I guess I better give my folks a call, they live not too far north of you and I think they were supposed to get quite a bit of snow too....

64;

It is just a narrow band about twenty miles wide that got the big one.
Twenty miles north of us they had a couple inches. South they got
about five.

The band was from Fayetteville to Bentonville. Cave Springs, about
the middle is reporting thirty inches in places with drifts over five feet.
XNA airport had twenty on the runway but the wind was blowing a
lot it off.

This one missed us thank goodness. Its gonna be 45 and sunny on Sunday and I fully intend to get out then/img/vbsmilies/smilies/drool.gif. Even got my bike ready already!

Originally Posted by kdelong .

This one missed us thank goodness. Its gonna be 45 and sunny on Sunday and I fully intend to get out then/img/vbsmilies/smilies/drool.gif. Even got my bike ready already!

They say it will be in the 60's here on Monday.

I don't know what the official was, but mine showed a low of -17`f last night,
at 4:55am.

I plan on a ride Sunday but for now I am going out to make a few runs on the slopes.

I just saw the official low,, -17`f. All time history low for
this area.

I plan on riding Saturday and Sunday morning before the daily melting starts.

Hello,
I am located in the Southwest MO area, just wondering where you are located? I have recently purchased a new roadbike (Specialized Dolce Elite), I had a Diamondback hybrd for years, and am really looking forward to riding the road bike. Too much information, but I have been looking for some gal pals to ride, travel, travel to rides with, and saw from the amount of snow, that you must be close to me!
Connie

Originally Posted by BHOFM .

this area.
BH, that's pretty cold to us up here in the frozen North! We only got down to -10F that night. I tried to post a reply to this yesterday afternoon, but I was unable to reply to any posts. I was able to start a new post, just couldn't reply to any posts...or edit..or send IM's... /img/vbsmilies/smilies/rolleyes.gif

Anyway, we're supposed to get above freezing several days over the next week, and if we do we'll have water running everywhere. We've already had over 60 inches of snow and March and April are when we often have our heaviest snows.

Things should get back to normal around here in the next week, it will
be above freezing even at night.

The kids have missed several weeks of school they will have to make
up. July????

On the plus side, I have gotten a lot done on my boat project while
the wolfs were at the gate.

1/6th scale air boat:

Welding up the frame work on the mock up board.

the hull:

Cage and mount all done.

Fire extingisher:

Battery:

Instrument panel:

1/6th scale helper: And a seat to be covered
later..

Originally Posted by 64Paramount .

Quote: Originally Posted by BHOFM .

this area.
BH, that's pretty cold to us up here in the frozen North! We only got down to -10F that night. I tried to post a reply to this yesterday afternoon, but I was unable to reply to any posts. I was able to start a new post, just couldn't reply to any posts...or edit..or send IM's... /img/vbsmilies/smilies/rolleyes.gif

Anyway, we're supposed to get above freezing several days over the next week, and if we do we'll have water running everywhere. We've already had over 60 inches of snow and March and April are when we often have our heaviest snows.

The people in Siberia live in fear of being sent to Minnesota./img/vbsmilies/smilies/eek.gif

Yeah, but it's not the Minnesota cold or snow that scares them off......it's the pickled fish! /img/vbsmilies/smilies/eek.gif

Short cool ride on Saturday but the temps hit 60 yesterday unfortunately so did the wind. Half the ride was fun but coming back the hlast 15 miles were hell. I actually could go up hill faster than down due to the partial shilelding from the wind. Always good to be on the road besides I had to give my new Sidis a good breaking in.