Any online shops selling the new Campy Carbon bottle cage ?

cpa

Aug 4, 2003
Anyone know of good on-line deals going for the 2004 Campy Bottle Cage (& bottle) ??

Thanks.

How about $A287 for a corkscrew!!! Who buys this stuff?

And seriously, $200 for a bottle cage? Seriously? Entire decent bikes cost $1000. Five bottle cages or a rain bike. Hmmm, lemme think.

Sorry, not bashing the original poster. Just bewildered.

Originally posted by Duckwah
no such thing as a good deal on a $200 bottle cage

try www.cecilwalker.com.au

No Way !? AU$200 / US$100+ ??!!!

What a crock ! I thought they might have been a bit expensive, but not outright EXTORTIONATE !!
I agree. hmmmm.. oh what $200 could go towards.

I did multiple searches on them about 3 weeks ago (i think), and came up with nothing. Cecil's shop had nothing.... neither did any of the US shops I checked out.

Timing, timing....

Thanks for your replies !

Originally posted by cpa
No Way !? AU$200 / US$100+ ??!!!

What a crock ! I thought they might have been a bit expensive, but not outright EXTORTIONATE !!
I agree. hmmmm.. oh what $200 could go towards.

I did multiple searches on them about 3 weeks ago (i think), and came up with nothing. Cecil's shop had nothing.... neither did any of the US shops I checked out.

Timing, timing....

Thanks for your replies !

but you get a water bottle too!! ;)

justify it to your SO: "honey, the cage was only $20, the BOTTLE was $75" :D

so how many grams do they save, 4 or 5?

I'm thinking two $100 notes would weigh more than what they save :D

Originally posted by steve
so how many grams do they save, 4 or 5?

I'm thinking two $100 notes would weigh more than what they save :D

well the campy cages are 20g and these last ones are 15g INCLUDING alloy bolts.

the Elite Cuissi Stainless cages are 44g so you save about 48g with 2 campy cages. about 1.7oz. the last ones might save 3oz depending on what kind of bolts currently used. Tacx Tao are 39g so subtract 10g from your savings.

i've misplaced my C-notes somewhere so i'm not sure how much they weigh . . . ;)

Or, you could get the 25g carbon Elite Patao cage from here:

Total Cycling UK

...which is inexplicably about $25-30 cheaper than typical U.S. retailers. Go figure!

This is definitely not the first item I've found that was decidely less expensive from a European retailer, even when shipping cost is considered.

Originally posted by Ted B
Or, you could get the 25g carbon Elite Patao cage from here:

Total Cycling UK

...which is inexplicably about $25-30 cheaper than typical U.S. retailers. Go figure!

This is definitely not the first item I've found that was decidely less expensive from a European retailer, even when shipping cost is considered.

looks like they only have the narrow 66mm version though.

Originally posted by drewski
looks like they only have the narrow 66mm version though.

Well, yes, but if one is going to be a real weenie about a few grams, he wants to carry the slimmer, lighter weight bottle as well, no?

It all seems a bit much for too little to me.

Originally posted by Ted B
Well, yes, but if one is going to be a real weenie about a few grams, he wants to carry the slimmer, lighter weight bottle as well, no?

It all seems a bit much for too little to me.

true, ya got me there! i have the non-carbon Patato cages on my bike cause i like they way they look.

they're actually almost 20g heavier than the Elite Stainless cages. the horror!! that's like 2 extra campy carbon cages i'm hauling around! :eek:

Originally posted by drewski
...they're actually almost 20g heavier than the Elite Stainless cages. the horror!! that's like 2 extra campy carbon cages i'm hauling around! :eek:

It's such a paltry difference. What you really need is some lightweight fluids to put in those bottles...