Any opinions on this craigslist bike?

SeMeCl

Jun 29, 2012
Hello.
I am brand new to cycling and am trying to buy a good, decently price road bike. I plan on riding long distances with friends on the weekends, and if I can get moving on training on a bike, perhaps I could do a local ride/race. This is a bike I found on craigslist and would like to know if anyone has an opinion as on this bike and it's price. Also, if you have any additional bike buying advice please share.

They told me that the bike has a 27" standover height and a 19" toptube length. I am on the shorter side. I have a 28" inseam without shoes and my torso is a bit longer in proportion to my legs. I don't know if any of this matters.

http://denver.craigslist.org/bik/3097976262.html

Thank you for any and all help.

Personally, I'd get fitted by a local bike shop that way you know your correct size and then go looking for a bike. I never knew how important it was to get fitted until I purchased a new bike and was fitted. My rides are so much more comfortable. My old bike was 3 sizes too big and I feel the difference now. Just One Man's Opinion.

Al

Good brand, good components. Based on sizing charts, the size corresponds to the rider heights the ad mentions. You should test ride it and see how you like it. The brake tracks look to be in good shape, rear derailleur indicates it hasn't been dropped, at least on the drive train side. Minimal wear on the chainring teeth but a closer inspection would be needed. If those are the original tires it does indeed have low miles as the center molding groove can still be seen. IF it fits you it looks like a good deal.

Also, if those are the pedals the rider was using, it would also help confirm the low mileage claim. Most folks who ride a lot use clipless pedals or at least toe clips/straps (they could of course also just be taking the original pedals matched to their riding shoes and putting them on their new bike).