Any Opinions On Xfire Rear Laser/taillight?

It has been discussed here before. The majority opinion is that it is a gimmick.

To me, it is almost an invitation for a car to come too close. From the example picture, it looks as if the lines are 1 foot off the plane of the bike; which is too close.

I would also be concerned about being too interesting to traffic. I want to be noticed, but not become an object for target fixation.

Many car drivers could get ideas and decide to play a game with a dude with accessories like this. Being at night it could be dangerous for that very reason and I would stay away from it.

I actually seen one of these on the road and they're completely useless, you can barely see the laser line on the road and I was right next to the guy! Then when he turned the outside line faded completely away. Also keep in mind that in order for a laser to be bright enough you would need a larger battery and it would only last maybe 15 minutes! I know a guy who alters his pen green laser pointer to the point where he can burn holes through black balloons easily and I think the battery lasts about 15 minutes instead of an hour, now try that with a laser that shoots out 2 beams and in the shape of a line instead of a dot, so in order for that tail light to be able to burn for 2 to 4 hours they had to dim down the laser a lot to the point of uselessness, but with a camera set with the aperture wide open and over exposing the picture it looks like something worthwhile..

I don't think they're put to good use really, I don't think they're necessary but perhaps they're a waste of money.