Any real difference (X)D-750 vs. (X)D-760 derailleurs?

Ken Pisichko

Guest
I posted this on r.b.m. and had no reply. Perhaps someone here has a
comment. I see both are available, but really, what is the difference
between the 750 and 760 series?

"Is there any REAL difference between the M-750 and M-760 series of
front
and rear Shimano derailleurs?

It seems the 760 series costs more, but is the price worth it? I am
building a (self-supporting) touring/expedition bike and can purchase
either series. Rear cassette will be no more than 9 gears - probably 8."

Ken
Canada

Yes, there are a few small differences. Go to
http://www.shimano-europe.com/cycling/ and type in FD-750 and FD-760,
etc. You can compare what Shimano says about them, and decide if the
differences are worth it to you.

Ken Pisichko wrote:
> I posted this on r.b.m. and had no reply. Perhaps someone here has a
> comment. I see both are available, but really, what is the difference
> between the 750 and 760 series?
>
> "Is there any REAL difference between the M-750 and M-760 series of
> front
> and rear Shimano derailleurs?
>
> It seems the 760 series costs more, but is the price worth it? I am
> building a (self-supporting) touring/expedition bike and can purchase
> either series. Rear cassette will be no more than 9 gears - probably

8."

> Ken
> Canada

Thank YOU!!!!

At least you have given me some decent info that I can use for
comparing....
Isn't r.b.t. great?? No response needed - I HAVE already made my own
opinion. :)