UK and Europe · Public discussion

Any reason why I shouldn't do this?

Started by Doki · · Last activity · 2 posts · 534 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
UK and Europe
Published
17 June 2004
Last activity
17 June 2004
Original author
Doki
Posts
2
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
534
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–2 of 2
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I've got an old quick release seatpost clamp with buggered
    quick release. Can I get an allen bolt, epoxy / weld a nut
    on the other side and use it as a standard seat clamp?
    Thinking of it as a way to save myself locking my seatpost
    up as well as everything else if I leave the bike outside.

  2. On Thu, 17 Jun 2004 20:38:36 +0100, "Doki" <[email hidden]>

    wrote in message : said:

    I've got an old quick release seatpost clamp with buggered
    quick release. Can I get an allen bolt, epoxy / weld a nut
    on the other side and use it as a standard seat clamp?
    Thinking of it as a way to save myself locking my seatpost
    up as well as everything else if I leave the bike outside.

    Nut should not be required - mine has a hand-knurly type of
    nut plus a thread in the collar. Replacing the QR with an
    Allen bolt would work perfectly well. But I wouldn't be able
    to drop the saddle so I can get the bikes in the optimum
    configuration on the rack on the car...

    Guy
    --
    May contain traces of irony. Contents liable to settle after posting.
    chapmancentral.co.ukchapmancentral.co.uk

    88% of helmet statistics are made up, 65% of them at Washington University

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.