Any recommendations for a custom bicycle builder in Illinois?

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Lobo Tommy, Mar 27, 2004.

  1. Lobo Tommy

    Lobo Tommy Guest

    Need recommendations of a high end custom bicycle builder in
    Illinois that also specializes in Single Speed bicycles.

    Thanks!

    Tags:

  2. Zoot Katz

    Zoot Katz Guest

    27 Mar 2004 08:27:00 -0800,
    <[email protected]>,
    [email protected] (Lobo Tommy) wrote:

    >Need recommendations of a high end custom bicycle builder
    >in Illinois that also specializes in Single Speed bicycles.
    >
    >Thanks!

    If you're of average proportions but just concerned about
    your weight being a factor, you don't need a full-on
    custom bike.

    Customise one of these bombproof babies.
    http://www.worksman.com/rhcruisers.html

    Most people don't buy custom bikes until they know what they
    need and can't get it off the peg.
    --
    zk

  3. A Muzi

    A Muzi Guest

    Lobo Tommy wrote:
    > Need recommendations of a high end custom bicycle builder
    > in Illinois that also specializes in Single Speed
    > bicycles.

    WAterford is just afew miles across the border on this side.

    --
    Andrew Muzi www.yellowjersey.org Open every day since 1
    April, 1971

  4. >> Need recommendations of a high end custom bicycle builder
    >> in Illinois that also specializes in Single Speed
    >> bicycles.
    >
    >Waterford is just afew miles across the border on
    >this side.

    Not only that, i know a very successful classic bike
    collector (www.velo-retro.com) and his most recent bike was
    a 2001 waterford fixed-gear. so waterfords are instant
    classics, imho.

    - Don Gillies San Diego, CA

  5. John Everett

    John Everett Guest

    On 27 Mar 2004 08:27:00 -0800, [email protected] (Lobo Tommy) wrote:

    >Need recommendations of a high end custom bicycle builder
    >in Illinois that also specializes in Single Speed bicycles.

    Troy Courtney in Geneva. (630)232-8720

    Troy does gorgeous work but last time I talked to him he was
    just beginning teaching in St. Charles, so his frame
    building time may be limited.

    jeverett3<AT>earthlink<DOT>net
    http://home.earthlink.net/~jeverett3

  6. In rec.bicycles.misc A Muzi <[email protected]> wrote:
    > Lobo Tommy wrote:
    >> Need recommendations of a high end custom bicycle builder
    >> in Illinois that also specializes in Single Speed
    >> bicycles.
    >
    > WAterford is just afew miles across the border on
    > this side.

    yea, but the cheddar curtain is a formidable barrier.
    --
    david reuteler [email protected]

  7. Rlbeldon

    Rlbeldon Guest

    John Everett <[email protected]> wrote in
    news:[email protected]:

    http://www.cccycles.com/ 'Last updated on November 16, 2002'