Any recommendations for a custom bicycle builder in Illinois?

Lobo Tommy

Guest
Need recommendations of a high end custom bicycle builder in
Illinois that also specializes in Single Speed bicycles.

Thanks!

27 Mar 2004 08:27:00 -0800,
<[email protected]>,
[email protected] (Lobo Tommy) wrote:

>Need recommendations of a high end custom bicycle builder
>in Illinois that also specializes in Single Speed bicycles.
>
>Thanks!

If you're of average proportions but just concerned about
your weight being a factor, you don't need a full-on
custom bike.

Customise one of these bombproof babies.
http://www.worksman.com/rhcruisers.html

Most people don't buy custom bikes until they know what they
need and can't get it off the peg.
--
zk

Lobo Tommy wrote:
> Need recommendations of a high end custom bicycle builder
> in Illinois that also specializes in Single Speed
> bicycles.

WAterford is just afew miles across the border on this side.

--
Andrew Muzi www.yellowjersey.org Open every day since 1
April, 1971

>> Need recommendations of a high end custom bicycle builder
>> in Illinois that also specializes in Single Speed
>> bicycles.
>
>Waterford is just afew miles across the border on
>this side.

Not only that, i know a very successful classic bike
collector (www.velo-retro.com) and his most recent bike was
a 2001 waterford fixed-gear. so waterfords are instant
classics, imho.

- Don Gillies San Diego, CA

On 27 Mar 2004 08:27:00 -0800, [email protected] (Lobo Tommy) wrote:

>Need recommendations of a high end custom bicycle builder
>in Illinois that also specializes in Single Speed bicycles.

Troy Courtney in Geneva. (630)232-8720

Troy does gorgeous work but last time I talked to him he was
just beginning teaching in St. Charles, so his frame
building time may be limited.

jeverett3<AT>earthlink<DOT>net
http://home.earthlink.net/~jeverett3

In rec.bicycles.misc A Muzi <[email protected]> wrote:
> Lobo Tommy wrote:
>> Need recommendations of a high end custom bicycle builder
>> in Illinois that also specializes in Single Speed
>> bicycles.
>
> WAterford is just afew miles across the border on
> this side.

yea, but the cheddar curtain is a formidable barrier.
--
david reuteler [email protected]

John Everett <[email protected]> wrote in
news:[email protected]:

http://www.cccycles.com/ 'Last updated on November 16, 2002'