Any Rhode Island riders?

Allez86

Jun 13, 2004
I ride the rolling hills of Little Compton and Tiverton. Route 77 may have traffic, but the surface is smooth. The back roads, if state maintained, are good. Always a good ride when you can see the Sakonnet River and the Atlantic ocean.

No ! I'm in Ct but grew up in Newport - would love to start out in Newport, travel across the Sakonet into Tiverton, up Bulgarmarsh , past Lincoln Park & onto the Cape the scenic way.

Maybe someday !!

Allez86 said:
I ride the rolling hills of Little Compton and Tiverton. Route 77 may have traffic, but the surface is smooth. The back roads, if state maintained, are good. Always a good ride when you can see the Sakonnet River and the Atlantic ocean.
I'm in New London, CT, only a hop skip and jump away! Would like to ride there too.

Allez86 said:
In the early 80's I did metric century of the flattest century in the east. That was a very nice ride. I enjoyed my cycling there from 82-86.
Very picturesque state.

Doug

djrocker257 said:
In the early 80's I did metric century of the flattest century in the east. That was a very nice ride. I enjoyed my cycling there from 82-86.
Very picturesque state.

Doug
This seems more like a CT thread.

I'm from West Hartford, CT. It sucks for cycling around here, but I manage to find my way and venture around the state.

Maybe I'll see you guys on the road sometime.

JouteiMike said:
This seems more like a CT thread.

I'm from West Hartford, CT. It sucks for cycling around here, but I manage to find my way and venture around the state.

Maybe I'll see you guys on the road sometime.

just curious why you say cycling opportunities are bad in Connecticut - compared to what ? in other words it wouldn't be fair to compare us to Kiawah Island , South Carolina - it's New England !! - we can only bike in the Spring, Summer, & early Fall - but I ride the Collinsville trail along the Farmington and it's beautiful .