Any riders from Ontario?

BestYoungRider

Sep 24, 2006
Any riders from Ontario out there? Where do you guys ride? And what do u do in the winter months? Do you continue riding or hit the stationary bike?

Well, I live in Toronto, and I ride all over.

I do spinning classes in the winter to keep active, and I just bought myself a Kurt Kinetic Fluid Trainer. It arrived today.

BestYoungRider said:
Any riders from Ontario out there? Where do you guys ride? And what do u do in the winter months? Do you continue riding or hit the stationary bike?
Would that be Ontario California or Ontario Canada :confused:

pedaler said:
Sure does. City of Ontario in southern California.
What a ridiculous thing to ask! I suppose if a Parisian were to post you might ask if s/he were talking about the Paris everyone knows about, or Paris, Ontario? How about the town of Texas, Ontario? Next time a person from there posts they should perhaps make it clear whether they're talking about a particular state in the U.S. or a town in Ontario?

Cripes...

I'm in Ontario (yes, the province in Canada, not the city that no one has ever heard of in the U.S. state of California, which anyone with half a brain would append with the term "California" so as to make it freakin' clear what they were talking about), and I'm going to keep riding right into November until the temps hit the single digits. But I won't ride when it goes below freezing. Nope, I'll be on my trainer for about 3-4 months.

Riding when it gets colder, or at least when it gets down to single digits, is easy...you just need to make sure your head, hands and feet are warm enough and you'll be fine. Once the temps get below zero it's a whole other ball of wax, and I don't know too much about that!

rousseau said:
Once the temps get below zero it's a whole other ball of wax, and I don't know too much about that!

For one thing, your nose runs like a friggin' faucet. You need to master the on bike blow.....

BestYoungRider said:
When and if the temp gets down to around 50°F to 60°F thats when we here in So. California get on the trainers or hit the gym. I was on a ride today and the temp was 85°F in and around the Ontario, CA area. Feel for sorry for all you Northern birds that have to put up with them harsh winters.