any Specialized Hardrock Comp (disc) opinions?

Dwtoo

Guest
I am getting back into riding, was never a seriouse racer and spend 50/50 urban/easy trails in
and around San Diego. My budget is below $500 and the best I think I can find is this bike for
the price.

"dwtoo" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> I am getting back into riding, was never a seriouse racer and spend
50/50
> urban/easy trails in and around San Diego. My budget is below $500
and the
> best I think I can find is this bike for the price.

If you're going to spend $500, get the Rockhopper.

-John Morgan

In article <NGyZb.5938$C21.5240@fed1read07>, [email protected] says...
> I am getting back into riding, was never a seriouse racer and spend 50/50 urban/easy trails in
> and around San Diego. My budget is below $500 and the best I think I can find is this bike for
> the price.

If you can find last year's Pro Disc for the same price, jump on it. Probably doesn't matter to you
in California but I prefer the Hardrock frame because it has more tire clearance for big fat tires
in winter. The only thing really crappy is the fork but you can always change that later. The Deore
disks work well and the wheels are fine for your purpose. The 2004 HR Comp Disc has Tektro disk
brakes, which I have never used, but everything I know bout Tektro says they just have to be crappy.
And I have no idea what pad they require for replacement.
--