Any specific gear change pattern for speed?

chetanshetty

Jul 23, 2010
Just got a Schwinn Predator a couple of days back. All my friends are jealous so they challenged me to a race. Just wanted to ask is there any specific gear change pattern I need to do for maximum pick up and speed?

Of course, a lot depends on how fit you are ...

If you want to go faster, then you'll need to change to a smaller Freewheel or a larger chainring (I'm presuming your Schwinn Predator is a BMX bike) ...

ACS makes 13T, 14T, and 15T Freewheels. Try a 15T Freewheel, first.

You can replace the chainwheel with a 110BCD spider and then install a separate chainring (not an inexpensive undertaking). A larger chainring will probably necessitate a new/longer chain.

You can get BMX components from www.danscomp.com if your local bike shop doesn't carry a wide selection of BMX components.

You just need to remember that drivetrain components can be either 3/32" (Road) or 1/8" (Track) compatible ... and so, you will want to maintain continuity between the chainring, Freewheel, and chain, accordingly.

chetanshetty said:
Just got a Schwinn Predator a couple of days back. All my friends are jealous so they challenged me to a race. Just wanted to ask is there any specific gear change pattern I need to do for maximum pick up and speed?

I agree with alfeng....And if you are much into racing then I think you should check out the website "track and trail" where you can easily pick up some racing cycles....The price range is good too!