Any Speed Statistics this year? Doping as prevelant?

EvilJediJ

Jun 15, 2006
Does anyone know of any speed statistics this year that we could compare with years gone past? Power Watt stats or anything of the sort that would indicate this year is cleaner than last?

EvilJediJ said:
Does anyone know of any speed statistics this year that we could compare with years gone past? Power Watt stats or anything of the sort that would indicate this year is cleaner than last?
Some guy over at the Dailypeloton claims that by his quick estimates the numbers are way down (like ~6 watts/kg on the climbs rather than Armstrong's magical 7 watts/kg). He said he'd do a more detailed estimate later but I don't believe he has.

Power outputs in mountain TTs/mountain top finishes has been dropping. 2007 was slower than 2006, and 2008 was slower than 2007 in terms of watts/kg that the riders where putting out. Having said that 2008 was a really hard course, 2007 much less so. 2006 was pretty tough course wise (not as hard as 08), but it was won by an E.T so you can expect rediculous watt/kg scores.

You have to learn... especially the number

First lesson: Repeat after me

1...2 ...3 ... 4 ... 5 ....6 ....7... 8..0

More difficult : 12 120 360 Watts
-----

When Cyclismag would have published their results, I will do a translation.

The values are online : http://www.cyclismag.com/article.php?sid=4230

Rapidly, they said that Contador was weaker than precedent year. The global power of riders has decreased but stay important. And more doubts for Sella.
porpampeago_20080608190634.jpg

is that the same graph 4 times or am i going insane?????

Jono L said:
is that the same graph 4 times or am i going insane?????
No you have just too much drunk.

Glouppssssss ...
Sorry for the mistake, and it's too late to fix it!

Iron head, serious handicap to climb when I see the Discatana lover who have vacuum at the same place.

poulidor said:
Iron head, serious handicap to climb when I see the Discatana lover who have vacuum at the same place.
That could be one of Bruyneel's secrets....

BRUYNEEL: "We've found that cyclists with lower mass inside their head, climb faster. We ask them if they have ever doped and look into their eyes. If they say "no", we know their brain mass fits in with our selection criteria".