Any spreadsheet templates out there?

Discussion in 'Cycling Training' started by WatlooBoy, Feb 23, 2005.

1. WatlooBoy

WatlooBoy New Member

Would like set up a mileage log based on my Lotus spreadsheet software. Anyone have templates, sites, or ideas for me? I'd just as soon not re-invent the wheel.

Tags:

2. billybob1992002

billybob1992002 New Member

i just set up a excel spreadsheet and put the dates and then time and milage i did and if it was group or single and conditions. don't know if that is what you are looking for

3. Bamberg

Bamberg New Member

I set up my own Excel spreadhseet to track my training. It has a couple of graphs etc. and a variety of goals and types of traiing listed in it, as well as my riding and running history for the last 3 years.

It also contains an eclectic mix of English and German, but 2005 is almost 100% English. If you want it, I will Email it to you. Let me know.

4. bcwildthing

bcwildthing New Member

Hey Chris, I'd love a copy of your spreadsheet as I'm just starting to train for the backpacking season by doing some hills. Climbs are good cross-training for the Rocky Mountains where I'm hiking in July. Since I live at sea level, my intensity of training has to be greater than those that live in Denver.

5. trekroadie

trekroadie New Member

I found a program at www.zeropace.com that might be worth a look. Have not tried it but intend to get it as it seems like it would provide lots of ability to track not only cycling info. but strength training as well. Only around $29.

6. Bamberg

Bamberg New Member

Hello bcwildthing,
    Did you check out the spreadsheet yet? Was it useful for you?
    I will be sending it to Watlooboy as soon as he sends me his Email address.

If you make any improvements or edits to it I would be interested. Always looking for tips to make my training better.

7. bcwildthing

bcwildthing New Member

Hey Chris, I did get your spreadsheet and just made some mods to it to reflect the 10 hours/week I expect to be spending for the spring. Since I cycle to work, I've included that in my training schedule. Does that seem fair? Also, since I cycle two days a week and paddle two days a week and take a hike on weekends I can probably program 10 hours a week. Alas, I do no running which is probably much better training. :D

8. Bamberg

Bamberg New Member

It all counts, man! If I a take a 20 minute jog/walk with my wife at an average 95 bpm, it's active regeneration. If I blow off a whole day, it's regeneration, period. I mentioned in another thread that I use a special rehydration / regeneration formula beverage called BEER.:)

I count up my commuting miles at the end of the year and call it "unaccounted for miles in Zone 1".