Any status report on Schaeffer Farm Park in Maryland?

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by James Calivar, Jun 17, 2003.

  1. It's been hellacious wet here lately but I'd likt to go to Schaeffer this weekend (Sunday). Anyone
    been there lately that would care to comment on the trails and their condition?

    Regards,

    James

    Tags:

  2. Alexn

    Alexn Guest

    "James Calivar" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > It's been hellacious wet here lately but I'd likt to go to Schaeffer this weekend (Sunday). Anyone
    > been there lately that would care to comment on the trails and their condition?
    >
    > Regards,
    >
    > James

    I highly doubt it will be rideable by the weekend. There's a good chance for rain every day
    this week.

    Check here though:

    Schaeffer Farms Conditions Hotline - (301) 924-1998

    If the main gate is locked, it's closed, so don't ride anyway.

    This rain blows hard.

    Alex

  3. "AlexN" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > "James Calivar" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > > It's been hellacious wet here lately but I'd likt to go to Schaeffer
    this
    > > weekend (Sunday). Anyone been there lately that would care to comment
    on
    > > the trails and their condition?
    > >
    > > Regards,
    > >
    > > James
    >
    > I highly doubt it will be rideable by the weekend. There's a good chance for rain every day
    > this week.

    Hmm...according to http://www.weather.com/outlook/recreation/golf/local/20874, there is only a
    30% chance of rain on Thursday, reducing to 10% for Friday and Saturday...that makes Sunday
    rather tempting.

    > Check here though:
    >
    > Schaeffer Farms Conditions Hotline - (301) 924-1998

    Trail s are open today...

    > If the main gate is locked, it's closed, so don't ride anyway.
    >
    > This rain blows hard.

    You got that right.

    - James

  4. Alexn

    Alexn Guest

    "James Calivar" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > "AlexN" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > "James Calivar" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:[email protected]...
    > > > It's been hellacious wet here lately but I'd likt to go to Schaeffer
    > this
    > > > weekend (Sunday). Anyone been there lately that would care to comment
    > on
    > > > the trails and their condition?
    > > >
    > > > Regards,
    > > >
    > > > James
    > >
    > > I highly doubt it will be rideable by the weekend. There's a good
    chance
    > > for rain every day this week.
    >
    > Hmm...according to http://www.weather.com/outlook/recreation/golf/local/20874, there is only
    > 30% chance of rain on Thursday, reducing to 10% for Friday and Saturday...that makes Sunday rather
    > tempting.

    Good deal then.

    > > Check here though:
    > >
    > > Schaeffer Farms Conditions Hotline - (301) 924-1998
    >
    > Trail s are open today...

    That's interesting. Maybe it is dry there, because I really haven't been there recently. Up here at
    Patapsco it's real bad. People are practically riding in the rain.

    > > If the main gate is locked, it's closed, so don't ride anyway.
    > >
    > > This rain blows hard.
    >
    > You got that right.

    It's got to end sometime, but by then it'll be 100 degrees and humid as shit.

    Alex

  5. "AlexN" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > It's got to end sometime, but by then it'll be 100 degrees and humid as shit.
    >
    > Alex

    Any my wife wonders why I want to move back to Colorado?!

  6. Michael Dart

    Michael Dart Guest

  7. Nate

    Nate Guest

    "Michael Dart" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > "James Calivar" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > > It's been hellacious wet here lately but I'd likt to go to Schaeffer this weekend (Sunday).
    > > Anyone been there lately that would care to comment on the trails and their condition?
    > >
    > > Regards,
    > >
    > > James
    > >

    > Check here for updates.
    >
    > http://www.more-mtb.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=11
    >
    > Mike

    I rode Gambrill last Sunday and it was only muddy in several spots out of 25 miles of riding.
    Greenbrier state park is right around the corner from Gambrill and sheds water pretty good too. They
    are just a *little* more rocky and bumpy than Shaefer : ) But Shaefer has some sweeeet fast rolling
    singletrack and decent log sections...

    Nate

  8. Chris

    Chris Guest

    "James Calivar" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > It's been hellacious wet here lately but I'd likt to go to Schaeffer this weekend (Sunday). Anyone
    > been there lately that would care to comment on the trails and their condition?
    >
    > Regards,
    >
    > James

    Anyone have current trail info (aside from calling the park service #)? I plan on going up
    Sunday...how are things there?

    Also, it's my first tirp to Schaeffer...any recco routes/tips/etc.?

    Chris