Any strida folding bikes in Perth, West Australia?

Hi all

I'm really keen to experience riding on a strida foldable before
purchasing it. Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be any here in my
home town (Perth, Western Australia).

I was wondering:

1) Is there anyone here who in fact is from Perth WA and would be
willing to let me test ride their bike for 5 minutes?

2) I understand the strida has a single gear. Which gear on my 10
speed mountain bike approximates the "strida gear" so I can see what
it feels like to ride using this setting? (I have a plain ordinary 26"
wheeled mountain bike I bought for $100 second hand from a bike shop)

On Jan 7, 5:25 am, [email protected] wrote:
> Hi all
>
> I'm really keen to experience riding on a strida foldable before
> purchasing it. Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be any here in my
> home town (Perth, Western Australia).
>
> I was wondering:
>
> 1) Is there anyone here who in fact is from Perth WA and would be
> willing to let me test ride their bike for 5 minutes?
>
> 2) I understand the strida has a single gear. Which gear on my 10
> speed mountain bike approximates the "strida gear" so I can see what
> it feels like to ride using this setting? (I have a plain ordinary 26"
> wheeled mountain bike I bought for $100 second hand from a bike shop)

I don't own a Strida, but there's one parked near my office on nice
days. The gearing is 56 inches, or about a 2:1 gear ration on a "10
speed" (ie 52 tooth ring and 26 tooth sproket or a 44T:22T. )

I think that's a bit low, personally. Most single speeds or fixies
seem to run about 65-75" around here. But then again, a somewhat lower
ratio is common on smaller wheeled bikes in my experience. It makes
them feel peppy.