Any thoughts about Devinci Podium?

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by bertg01, Feb 22, 2004.

1. bertg01

bertg01 New Member

I live in Montréal, Canada and I plan to buy a Devinci Podium 2003 as they are quite available here (like other nice bikes...) at a good price during winter time. I think it's a good bike, well specced, etc. My main concern is with the stiffness of the aluminium frame compared with other alu bikes in the same price range? I know that aluminium doesn't give a smooth ride comparing to steel but I want to ride a decently confortable bike. I'm not a racer, I'm a recreationnal rider (100-150 km a weekly). If anyone have experience with that bike, I would like to share your views on it. Thank you in advance.

Tags:

2. blackwolf

blackwolf New Member

:)

I have a 2002 Podium, great bike, stiff resposive frame, very comfortable but a little on the heavy side for aluminum.

3. bertg01

bertg01 New Member

Thank you Blackwolf for your opinion on the 2002 Podium. In fact, I bought a 2003 Podium a month ago for a very good price (1000$CAN + tax) and I'm quite satisfied with it. It's a bit on the heavy side (21.85 lbs) but I don't care that much... It's a very fine bike that comes with a Campagnolo Veloce 9s. grouppo and other Italian-made components which I like a lot. I only hope that it gets a bit more warmer here in Montreal so that I can fully appreciate my rides.

4. blackwolf

blackwolf New Member

Yeah, it's a little cool here in Wpg also. Enjoy the bike, it's a good one. I just changed frames and went to one called "Tank" and sold the Devinci frame but kept the 105s my Devinci came with. Check it out at www.tankcycle.com under products and then Tank r.r. bike comes in a full 2 lbs lighter now. Anyway, Devinci makes a good product so am sure you'll enjoy the ride.

5. bertg01

bertg01 New Member

I did not know about these Tank frames but they look fine. Enjoy your biking season in Winnipeg!