any tip on removing decals, tried the usual suspects

mrsj

Oct 14, 2010
apologies if ive posted this in the wrong section but couldnt find anyway it seemed to fit and thought what the hell, this'll do ! ive been given a carrera subway 2 from a workmate and plan on giving it to my son but the decals on the frame are in a bit of a state. looks like the last owner stuck his own specialized stickers over the top in a ridiculous attempt to disguise it and made a right ars* of the whole thing. ive pulled all the specialized stuff off but the carrera stickers are still on and in a right bloody mess. tried nailvarnish remover and hairdryer and nothing has loosened them up and cant even seem to find an edge to get at them, any other ideas to remove them ? or am i fighting a losing battle ? im wondering if the frame has a clear lacquer over the top which is why i cant find an edge to get at. cheers for any help.

Maybe they sprayed clear coat over them if so you won't be able to remove them. That would explain why you can't fine the edge.

Originally Posted by georgec56 .

Maybe they sprayed clear coat over them if so you won't be able to remove them. That would explain why you can't fine the edge.

+1 I bet that's what the problem is.