Any views on Manitou 2004 Black Platinum?

Iddqd

Guest
I'd like to hear your personla experience and links to
reviews on-line or info about reviews in magazines are
welcome also.

I've read what's on mtbr.com and also tried googling for
others but to no avail.

Kind regards

Bruno

--
To mail me write to iddqdATworldonline.dk (U know what 2 do)

More of these http://www.westocykler.dk would mean less cars
and less polution.

check out www.epinions.com I think there are some reviews there also...

I have also been considering this fork to replace an insufficient Skareb Comp. I am interested to get some feedback on this fork.

Kijk wat angotja <[email protected]> op 08 jun 2004 ten berde
bracht in news:[email protected] :

> check out www.epinions.com I think there are some reviews
> there also...
>
> I have also been considering this fork to replace an
> insufficient Skareb Comp. I am interested to get some
> feedback on this fork.
>

> --

Why is your Skareb insufficient ? (I'm using it on my Cube
LTD4 2004 and the only negative point that I heard about it,
is the fact that it's a 100mm fork.)

Kind regards, Chivas

> I'd like to hear your personla experience and links to
> reviews on-line or info about reviews in magazines are
> welcome also.
>
> I've read what's on mtbr.com and also tried googling for
> others but to no avail.
>
> Kind regards

Dumbass question, but are manitous still renowned for
bending like plasticine? I'd heard of people running
manitous on which the tracking was just terrible, and if you
really slammed on the brakes you could get the front wheel
to rub your crud catcher...

Nick

iddqd <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> I'd like to hear your personla experience and links to
> reviews on-line or info about reviews in magazines are
> welcome also.

How about seeing the pile of broken manutude black forks
at my lbs?

> I've read what's on mtbr.com and also tried googling for
> others but to no avail.

Like mtbidiots is going to reveal any good info?

JD

I've been using this fork for 3 weeks and have been pretty
impressed so far. To me, it's very stiff and my steering in
the rocks have improved greatly. I've upgraded from the
MARS, which was upgraded from the old SX-R. I liked the SX-R
a lot. The MARS was very flexy for me. I weigh 195 lbs.

What I like on this fork is I can change from 90mm to 120mm
externally, and the Lock-out is awesome. I can't feel the
extra weight this fork had over the MARS (air). The only
thing I don't like is the noise the rebound makes. Kinda of
a squishing sound. Don't know if this is normal, but
everything is working great. Performancebike.com had these
for $299 which I thought was a misprint since everywhere
else is selling for $399.

It got a lot more smooth over the 3 weeks I had the fork.
After using the lock-out switch a lot the first few days,
I've learned to only use it on steep smooth uphills. The
suspension is really good unlocked, it hardly bobs, but I do
concentrate on pedalling smoothly.

I use a fox float R for my rear suspension, and the front
and back are working very good together.

I'm a very picky person, and so far, I like this fork a lot.
I originally wanted to get a FOX, but don't have the money.
This is a good alternative, I think.

Deaners wrote:

> I'm a very picky person, and so far, I like this fork a
> lot. I originally wanted to get a FOX, but don't have the
> money. This is a good alternative, I think.

Thx Deaners and the rest of you also - now I know a
little more.

Kind regards

Bruno