Any views on VDO computers?

Robert Strickland <[email protected]> wrote:
: I had one of the older non-wireless models (Aero something) with backlighting and it was great.
: Never had a problem with it. The new models have a completely different mounting system
: (twist-click) and look nice but I don't know how they perform.

i'll second that. i had the older VDO 8.0C (wired, cadence, no backlight) .. actually i still have
it. great, no problems, very intuitive. it appears, fyi, to be the same as the performance axion
8.0C (just rebadged and in a different colour, the VDOs were yellow).

here's the equivalent axiom ($25).

http://www.performancebike.com/shop/Profile.html?SKU=4024

rear wheel mount.
--
david reuteler [email protected]

"Per Löwdin" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> I am checking out the new VDO MC 1.0. If does what is claimed it should be pretty good. But it got
> severely trashed at http://www.mtbr.com/reviews/Computer/product_20730.shtml Is it as bad as these
> reviews say?
>
> Per http://user.tninet.se/~ipg289h/English.html

I had one of the older non-wireless models (Aero something) with backlighting and it was great.
Never had a problem with it. The new models have a completely different mounting system
(twist-click) and look nice but I don't know how they perform.

Rob Strickland

I have a VDO C10+ on my road bike. It eats batteries fairly quickly (every year), but I
understand this is normal for wireless computers. No problems for me. It's a very reliable, well
made piece of kit.

Regards,

Suzy

--
---
Suzy Jackson [email protected] http://www.suzyj.net "Per Löwdin" <[email protected]> wrote in
message news:[email protected]...
> I am checking out the new VDO MC 1.0. If does what is claimed it should be pretty good. But it got
> severely trashed at http://www.mtbr.com/reviews/Computer/product_20730.shtml Is it as bad as these
> reviews say?
>
> Per http://user.tninet.se/~ipg289h/English.html

I use a fairly old VDO Aero wireless and have been doing so for a number of years. It doesn't give
me any problems and is fairly reasonable on battery usage.

John "Suzy Jackson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I have a VDO C10+ on my road bike. It eats batteries fairly quickly
(every
> year), but I understand this is normal for wireless computers. No
problems
> for me. It's a very reliable, well made piece of kit.
>
> Regards,
>
> Suzy
>
> --
> ---
> Suzy Jackson [email protected] http://www.suzyj.net "Per Löwdin" <[email protected]> wrote in
> message news:[email protected]...
> > I am checking out the new VDO MC 1.0. If does what is claimed it should
be
> > pretty good. But it got severely trashed at
> > http://www.mtbr.com/reviews/Computer/product_20730.shtml Is it as bad as these reviews say?
> >
> > Per http://user.tninet.se/~ipg289h/English.html

Thanks, Suzy, John It seems to a great computer but i got worried as some people who reviewed seemed
to have had lots of problems. Perhaps the reviews were posted by competitiors: make it appear as if
it breaks almost by just looking at it. Per

news:[email protected]...