Any views on VDO computers?

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Per LöWdin, Feb 25, 2003.

  1. Per LöWdin

    Per LöWdin Guest

    Tags:

  2. Robert Strickland <[email protected]> wrote:
    : I had one of the older non-wireless models (Aero something) with backlighting and it was great.
    : Never had a problem with it. The new models have a completely different mounting system
    : (twist-click) and look nice but I don't know how they perform.

    i'll second that. i had the older VDO 8.0C (wired, cadence, no backlight) .. actually i still have
    it. great, no problems, very intuitive. it appears, fyi, to be the same as the performance axion
    8.0C (just rebadged and in a different colour, the VDOs were yellow).

    here's the equivalent axiom ($25).

    http://www.performancebike.com/shop/Profile.html?SKU=4024

    rear wheel mount.
    --
    david reuteler [email protected]

  3. "Per Löwdin" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > I am checking out the new VDO MC 1.0. If does what is claimed it should be pretty good. But it got
    > severely trashed at http://www.mtbr.com/reviews/Computer/product_20730.shtml Is it as bad as these
    > reviews say?
    >
    > Per http://user.tninet.se/~ipg289h/English.html

    I had one of the older non-wireless models (Aero something) with backlighting and it was great.
    Never had a problem with it. The new models have a completely different mounting system
    (twist-click) and look nice but I don't know how they perform.

    Rob Strickland

  4. Suzy Jackson

    Suzy Jackson Guest

    I have a VDO C10+ on my road bike. It eats batteries fairly quickly (every year), but I
    understand this is normal for wireless computers. No problems for me. It's a very reliable, well
    made piece of kit.

    Regards,

    Suzy

    --
    ---
    Suzy Jackson [email protected] http://www.suzyj.net "Per Löwdin" <[email protected]> wrote in
    message news:[email protected]...
    > I am checking out the new VDO MC 1.0. If does what is claimed it should be pretty good. But it got
    > severely trashed at http://www.mtbr.com/reviews/Computer/product_20730.shtml Is it as bad as these
    > reviews say?
    >
    > Per http://user.tninet.se/~ipg289h/English.html

  5. John Sontag

    John Sontag Guest

    I use a fairly old VDO Aero wireless and have been doing so for a number of years. It doesn't give
    me any problems and is fairly reasonable on battery usage.

    John "Suzy Jackson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I have a VDO C10+ on my road bike. It eats batteries fairly quickly
    (every
    > year), but I understand this is normal for wireless computers. No
    problems
    > for me. It's a very reliable, well made piece of kit.
    >
    > Regards,
    >
    > Suzy
    >
    > --
    > ---
    > Suzy Jackson [email protected] http://www.suzyj.net "Per Löwdin" <[email protected]> wrote in
    > message news:[email protected]...
    > > I am checking out the new VDO MC 1.0. If does what is claimed it should
    be
    > > pretty good. But it got severely trashed at
    > > http://www.mtbr.com/reviews/Computer/product_20730.shtml Is it as bad as these reviews say?
    > >
    > > Per http://user.tninet.se/~ipg289h/English.html

  6. Per LöWdin

    Per LöWdin Guest

    Thanks, Suzy, John It seems to a great computer but i got worried as some people who reviewed seemed
    to have had lots of problems. Perhaps the reviews were posted by competitiors: make it appear as if
    it breaks almost by just looking at it. Per

    news:[email protected]...