Any young RIDERS?

I'm 17, from Manchester, England and I have a Saxon Tritec and got a DiamondBack FS10 for Christmas which is brilliant. I ride all over when I get the chance and love going on days out with my bike.

im 14 from thetford, got a scott nitrous 30, got it half price cos no ones heard of them so they were selling well.

unfornunatly it being a full sus freeride monster and me living in thetford i have very few good riding places.

I am 15 and I live in Charlotte, North Carolina (USA) I have a Trek 1500 and I will soon have a Giant Trance 4:D . I am on the Ultimate Bicycle/Bicycle Sport team.

BLDR said:
Hey, I'm 17 from the land of Aus. I ride an Apollo Dual Susp. LDX, I've smashed it up pretty good in the last 2 years so I'm saving for a GIANT Rincon '04. As I have no job and I only get $25 a week from the oldies (srry) 'my parents' It's taken a while to get the money, but by Thursday next week I'll be carvin it up when ever I can (and even when I can't) :)
Get a job at a Bike Shop or a Grocery Store, it'll make the money come faster and you will actually have earned it.;)

Happy Trails:D

im 13 i ride a Schwinn mesa disc, im upgrading it right now and a manitou sherman breakout fork is on the way to my door, im a free rider and a cross country rider

*live in Washington on the water*

~Scott

I was gonna buy this bike as my first choice..but ended up getting a Fisher Ziggurat.

skiierb54 said:
hey nive to meet you ..im riding a brand new just got this year 03 giant rainier waitin for the vail colorado swap to pick up a new marsocchi shock...thats about all i need for my bike

u ever come to the states?

hi im 14 in the uk. im into both bmxing and mtb i own both. i have won a couple of dirt jump comp's and 2 silvers for mtb downhill racing. i no sounds quite good for my age. but i have bin hittin hills on my mtb since i was 5!!!! anyways. thats me. o ye i won a bestwick pro GT bmx and a totally customed mtb. that i had a very good guy i know build for me. cost about £3,400 in the end. i love it.

Photo from the 10 yr old and under start at last week's MTB off-road time trial at Hilton Falls, Ontario Canada. This age group did a 5 km loop -- but it was a fairly rough course with rocks, ice etc. The 11-14 age group was popular also.

well I am mainly a roadie, but my friend Mike is trying to convert me big time.
:) I'm 21, female, and am one of two girls that is in the mtn bike scene here. There are a few others, but I've yet to see them. Right now they just exist in theory... lol...

Diana

trekrider4315 said:
I'm 15, just starting. I ride a trekliquid 10. I dont care if people say im too young to own that nice of a bike cuz i can ride it better than most other people. Anyways just puttin a post up here.
They are just jealous, ignore them and drop them
biggrin.gif

Daniel Elps, 16 years old, began "seriously" riding at 14 after 3 years of long distance running and cross country, began racing at 15, 2nd season just ended and I am putting in some serious base milage ( 3-4 hours a day, 6 days a week)

I am homeschooled
redface.gif
and currently attending college classes through a special concurrent program in my area.

Goals for next year:

. Get points to go from a 4 to a 3 ( race category) early in the season ( Halfway there already!
biggrin.gif
)

.Top 3 the Rock Hill RR in the Cat. 4's, hopefully moving up to a 3 afterwards

. Top 20 the National Championship (USA) ITT

. Help my team leader(s) win the National Championship RR and Crit in the 17-18 age group

.Qualify for the L'abitta junior stage race in Canada ( 10 or 11 stages, 5 days)

.Top 5 the French Broad Stage race ( 3 days) in the Cat. 3's

. Top 10 the Carolina Cup Crit

Win several lower-key races, espically if there is one in my hometown ( it was cancelled last year
frown.gif
)

and the most important goal!

. Help my teammates get victories in other races

It's gonna be a hard season
cool.gif

Am new to this cycling arena...got into this as part of my rehab programme for my knee... which has undergone 2 surgeries from an injury while playing rugby... ACL reconstruction and High Tibial Osteotomy.. and am no longer able to participate in any contact sports...
I am only 24 now... and currently working as graduate architect in auckland, new zealand...
Thus far am loving it not only because its one of a few sports i acutally can play but its fun yet challenging sport.... and my goal is to enter few races next year with friends for fun.. one of the main event am aiming for is 100k rotorua to taupo in march.. so have to train harder now! :D

17, Croydon Hills, Australia! I like riding bikes...infact, thats really all i do.

Hey I'm 20, 2 weeks away from 21 and legally being able to have a beer after the thursday night races at Buck Hill (any minnesota/Twin Cities riders?)... Bought a Trek 4300 my senior year and started to actually get into XC when I got to college and met some more serious riders. Just finished my first race season this summer and am looking forward to moving up a class next year! Getting rid of the 4300 for it though, looking through ebay right now for a stumpjumper, in hopes of being fastest on the trail next year...

I'm 16 and from the east midlands in the UK. I started properly mountain biking (mainly XC) about 6 months ago, I bought a Schwinn Mesa GSD (UK version very different to the US one), and i love cycling.

hi im 26 from the uk but i feel more like 66. had a heavy paper round.lol. i ride a saracen hazard pro xc (dont laugh all i could afford at the time) :D

forgot to mention i cant post a pic of myself u all get nightmares! :p