Any young RIDERS?

Originally posted by origanic
Here's mine! Just got this newbie last week!
Prior, I was riding a Trek 4500.

Now: My Specialized FSR Extreme: :D

Saw a specialized s-works yesterday. almost touched it!

This is my bike:

Originally posted by Hardtail
Saw a specialized s-works yesterday. almost touched it!

This is my bike:

And here's a better pic. And if you wonder its a nishiki cascade, great bike for almost no money at all (USD 600)

I'm 23, but have no real intention of growing up, does that count? :p I mainly ride XC and compete in MTB orienteering.. and thinking of racing XC next year as well. I also enjoy riding a road bike for high-mileage rides and quick commuting in the summer weather.

Two Cannondales for me, a hardtail MTB and a road bike. I don't have a digital camera though, so no pics. :(

I am a 24 year old rider origianally from Denver, Co but i am stationed in Hanau, Germany. Just started riding seriosly. Used to ride skateboards auntil i injured my knee in Iraq. I just bought an HM fsl. I don't know much about bikes right now but I am pretty happy with this one. There are loads of bike trails here in Germany for me to test it out though. The bike has Deore lx components, Ritchie components, x fusion back shock and axel manitou front shocks. I think that all of this stuff is pretty wild but i dont know. Is this a good bike? replies would be appreciated. Thanx Brian.

I'm working on XC at the moment :D ACTUALLY, I am working on jumping now as well. Logs, garbage, etc. Getting air off hills etc. What a free ride :D I love the feeling of not touching the ground with both wheels.

Thanks to all who have made this post a blast! You all rock! Happy Ridin' !

Originally posted by biapbuz
I am a 24 year old rider origianally from Denver, Co but i am stationed in Hanau, Germany. Just started riding seriosly. Used to ride skateboards auntil i injured my knee in Iraq. I just bought an HM fsl. I don't know much about bikes right now but I am pretty happy with this one. There are loads of bike trails here in Germany for me to test it out though. The bike has Deore lx components, Ritchie components, x fusion back shock and axel manitou front shocks. I think that all of this stuff is pretty wild but i dont know. Is this a good bike? replies would be appreciated. Thanx Brian.
It looks as though HM is a German-local brand. Is this your bike?

http://www.hmbike.com/index.cfm?cat=fsl04

Looks like it'd be lots of fun :)

16 yr old Coming from VIC, down under. sadly ridin a apollo ldx 2.2 (01) but trashed it completly. the forks RSt can jump off a bridge and so can their brakes! Savin for a REAL bike. Atomik/fuse somethin round there. to do DH or FR on. young doesnt mean gutless...

Im 16 and i just started mtb riding a month ago. I own a Giant Rincon '04 but i have upgraded it to a ritchey clipless with a rear panaracer fire XC pro tire. I also have a pair of 1.0 Ritchey Slick tires for road riding. Now i am waiting for a change to buy a Magnesium frame, with a weight of about 2.8 to replace my Rincon frame.

Onk said:
Im 16 and i just started mtb riding a month ago. I own a Giant Rincon '04 but i have upgraded it to a ritchey clipless with a rear panaracer fire XC pro tire. I also have a pair of 1.0 Ritchey Slick tires for road riding. Now i am waiting for a change to buy a Magnesium frame, with a weight of about 2.8 to replace my Rincon frame.
BUMP. OK, well I don't qualify for this thread anymore.. Unfortunately, sorry guys, i sold off my mountain bike and bought myself a nice little road baby :D

20 year old from Ontario here. MTBer, but looking to get into some road-cycling. For now I just ride my mtb on the road whenever :)

17, I just bought a 05' Norco Sasquatch. Cant ride it much right now considering its -30C* up here in Good Old Calgary Canada.

I'm 14, just got into the sport recently and bought a Diamondback Coil Ex as my first bike with my own money. Already in love with the sport and want to upgrade to a 05 Specialized Bighit FSR as soon as I get enough money.

Hi I'm a Mark a 23 year old I ride a 2004 Gt i-drive XC after a 7 year absence from cycling, I currently ride for fun, winter sucks though I have been out lately here can't wait for spring I need to buy a trainer! :eek:

Hey, i'm Brad and I live in Fort Smith, Arkansas. I'm 14 and i didnt read what all of you all said but it looks like i'm the youngest. I ride a 2004 Cannondale Prophet 1000.

Never Mind, there is a 14 year old a couple of entrys up! Well good luck gettin ur big hit! I am not going to dicourage you because I payed for my prophet my myself also so i know you can do it! When you get it post some pics of you using that suspension for what its supposed to be used for!

well.. im 18 now and the DBR is gone (piece of **** anyway) i now have this (bit of an older photo but still...)

it now has a SRAM x-gen front deralleur (shimano one was deore but all shimano ones are ****, SRAM is so much smoother)

and now has Fox F100RLT fork

and eggbeater Ti pedals

I'm 21 but I'd like to think I'm still young. I'm in Melbourne, Australia and ride a 2004 MBC Slick Rock Team.